• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

IMO, children may be the manifestation but 99.9% of the time they are not the issue. The issue is the parents. I never blame a small child for events.

Absolutely. Small children don't know any better, and the entire point of being a parent is to teach them how to function in society.

arced

Reaction score
I was once on a plane where the parents did 'cry-it-out' with their kid. It went on for hours. Zero comfort offered to the kid. :brick: There are deep debates about 'cry-it-out,' but I don't think there's a debate about whether it's done in your own home versus on a freaking airplane.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Working on an internal deck, part of which includes an org chart of a particular division of a client.

Fine, we already have a Visio diagram for this division, it just needs a bit of tweaking. Get it all filled in and complete.

Partner wants to redo it, in Powerpoint format. Just because he doesn't like embedded Visios in Powerpoint.

Powerpoint is *terrible* at anything beyond the world's most basic org chart. So I now literally have to manually create and fill in about 50 boxes plus all the connectors. And anytime something changes, I have to manually move each of those boxes and connectors around. Visio does all of this automatically because, guess what--it was designed to do this.

So there goes my evening. Manually drawing, resizing, and connecting ******* boxes in a powerpoint deck because someone wants a slightly different format of some work *that is already complete*.

And again, this is internal--no client will ever see this.

FML.

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

this is gold

get a 1 liter metal water bottle for your carry on bag. place it between your table and the back of the seat in front of you. now, they can't recline their seat. perfectly legal.

The best part, was the mother ended up asking if her kid could put her seat down, if she promised to sit still.

Zip tie two seats together, theres a guide somewhere.

This is great

http://www.evan-roth.com/work/tsa-communication/

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The only time I would approve of kids talking back to or willfully disobeying their elders is if their names are Walker and Texas Ranger

Hroi do you have kids?

I have found that the best way to deal with the little pot-lickers is to stick them in a microwave.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Working on an internal deck, part of which includes an org chart of a particular division of a client.

Fine, we already have a Visio diagram for this division, it just needs a bit of tweaking. Get it all filled in and complete.

Partner wants to redo it, in Powerpoint format. Just because he doesn't like embedded Visios in Powerpoint.

Powerpoint is *terrible* at anything beyond the world's most basic org chart. So I now literally have to manually create and fill in about 50 boxes plus all the connectors. And anytime something changes, I have to manually move each of those boxes and connectors around. Visio does all of this automatically because, guess what--it was designed to do this.

So there goes my evening. Manually drawing, resizing, and connecting ******* boxes in a powerpoint deck because someone wants a slightly different format of some work *that is already complete*.

FML.

I hate people's obsession with PowerPoint or Excel when Visio or Access is clearly better for the project.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

FML.

I had this exact same scenario occur several months ago. We had a Visio org chart, but had to put it into PowerPoint. I spent hours drawing lines and formatting. It was so infuriating.

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

FML.

:rotflmao:

Brah, I feel your pain.

Though, why not find an analyst to do this ***** work for you? **** doesn't flow downwards with you guys?!

Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:rotflmao:

Brah, I feel your pain.

Though, why not find an analyst to do this ***** work for you? **** doesn't flow downwards with you guys?!

All of our analysts seem to have miraculously disappeared. Awfully convenient for them. Have been trying to get help on two other decks I've been working on for a week to no avail.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

All of our analysts seem to have miraculously disappeared. Awfully convenient for them. Have been trying to get help on two other decks I've been working on for a week to no avail.

I'm unstaffed right now. Send it over and I'll send you my bill. :p

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish I had someones code to bill this bullshit time to. Maybe then they would realize what a tremendous waste of time it is.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the most annoying parts is that the partner that wants these changes will likely never touch the actual powerpoint--he will handle PDF or printout versions. So whether it is Visio or powerpoint or a ******* crayon drawing should not matter to him.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, org chart copy pastes onto ppt tend to look pretty ******* terrible so I can see why he would want it this way. Just sucks that you're the one doing the work.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This.

The worst is when someone takes up the overhead with their briefcase, or even worse, their jacket.

Once was on a flight where someone did this. Someone else gently moved his laptop bag over (put it upright rather than lying on its side) and the guy lost it--screaming about how no one could touch his stuff, etc. They ended up having to throw him off the plane, which of course made us even more delayed.
I boarded a full flight Saturday when after me a guy placed a suit bag in an overhead bin and told people to not put anything on top of it. Someone did and he threw a fit until they removed the bag. His stretched out suit bag took up lots of space and caused a few folks to check their luggage. I was disappointed that the attendant allowed him to get away with that.

Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I boarded a full flight Saturday when after me a guy placed a suit bag in an overhead bin and told people to not put anything on top of it. Someone did and he threw a fit until they removed the bag. His stretched out suit bag took up lots of space and caused a few folks to check their luggage. I was disappointed that the attendant allowed him to get away with that.

Did a flight attendant come over? I'd be very surprised if they let him get away with taking up a whole bin like that for a suit bag. I've many times seen attendants tell people they can't do that and move the bags.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads