• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe. not all kids need it tho, so why mess with them.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm in the middle regarding kids on a plane. People who don't think they should be able to fly at all can piss off. Life comes with annoyances and inconveniences, and you can't exclude people with kids just because you don't want to hear junior fuss when his ears pop. That said, I don't think having a "family section" or whatever is a terrible idea, either. Flying is rough on a lot of kids, and I don't have an issue with mitigating the impact that might have on passengers who don't have children.

Re: Benadryl. Perhaps parents don't feel the need to drug their kids for your convenience? Also, for the record, it makes some kids hyperactive, not drowsy, so let us know how that works out for you.

Sorry to hear brah.

May I suggest excedrin? :laugh:

:laugh:

Thanks, GF.

Way ahead of you!

:( feel better, G.

Thanks, Stitch. I'm hanging in there!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm in the middle regarding kids on a plane. People who don't think they should be able to fly at all can piss off. Life comes with annoyances and inconveniences, and you can't exclude people with kids just because you don't want to hear junior fuss when his ears pop. That said, I don't think having a "family section" or whatever is a terrible idea, either. Flying is rough on a lot of kids, and I don't have an issue with mitigating the impact that might have on passengers who don't have children.
Re: Benadryl. Perhaps parents don't feel the need to drug their kids for your convenience? Also, for the record, it makes some kids hyperactive, not drowsy, so let us know how that works out for you.

an interesting idea, but quite hard to implement. not to mention that putting all the families together in the back, might turn into a giant zoo. the combined noise all concentrated together might actually be worse, especially when the one kid crying dominos onto all the other kids nearby. le plan might backfire.

either way, as a family flyer, i would open to potential ideas to mitigate the issue. its no fun for the parents either when the person right near you is visibly pissed and you are stressing to keep your kid quiet and in their seat as best you can without turning into a raging asshole.

also, yeah. what G said regarding the Benadryl.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

no
sometimes kids just have a rough time on a plane. no fault of the parents, nor does it mean the kid is "poorly behaved." fly first class or private jet if you must. commercial flights are essentially public places like taking a bus through the bad part of town. you dont get to be in charge of who is there.

however, when the parents really are ******, and there is no shortage of ****** parents, and that is the cause for the misbehaved kids, then yes, the parents should be thrown out a window.

Also, I've rarely encountered someone that thought they were a ****** parent. Oddly enough 99.9% of the parents I've ever heard verbalize their thoughts on parenting felt they were good parents, or at least, at the time of parenting. I have heard parents with adult children bemoan what a ****** job they did when junior is a meth head at 30 or in jail...but it seems most parents with young kids feel they are doing a fine job.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just turned my Wooden Boats (mostly sailbaots) calendar over to October and it's some bearded **** in a canoe with his golden retriever. I don't want to look at this jagoff all month!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm in the middle regarding kids on a plane. People who don't think they should be able to fly at all can piss off. Life comes with annoyances and inconveniences, and you can't exclude people with kids just because you don't want to hear junior fuss when his ears pop]

As much as I hate kids and had to endure multiple long-ass flights this year right behind or in front of shrieking hellspawn, I kind of agree with you.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Also, I've rarely encountered someone that thought they were a ****** parent. Oddly enough 99.9% of the parents I've ever heard verbalize their thoughts on parenting felt they were good parents, or at least, at the time of parenting. I have heard parents with adult children bemoan what a ****** job they did when junior is a meth head at 30 or in jail...but it seems most parents with young kids feel they are doing a fine job.

nice fix lol.

people delusions do not reality make.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly believe it is not necessarily the parents doing . I have three kids ,two of which are boy- girl twins, and they are all as different as day and night . That said fortunately they have all been very well behaved in public . At home ,well that's another story entirely

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
certainly it is not always the parents doing, but i have seen more than enough oblivious and or neglectful parents, to know that often they are the reason that their kids are near impossible to be near.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
while I agree with Piob that most parents think that they are good parents, I think that whether you fly on a plane with kids should really be an issue of how well disciplined your kids are. our kids have flown a lot, and they are very well behaved in public, especially in terms of noise and impact on others. I hate flying with people who are not good with controlling their kids, but I also hate flying with people who don't know how to get their bags in the overhead quickly, or people who don't keep their papers handy.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Parents need to teach their kids not to **** with the seat in front of them.
Don't play with the tray table, use the seat as a head rest, or kick at it. The person in front of you feels it every time.

Honestly, once they know that, most of my child-on-plane issues are solved. It's not a "doesn't deal with planes well" issue...it is purely a discipline/training issue since the youngest probably don't even know better. Loud/crying kids are usually easy enough to get used to and ignore (and I usually travel with earplugs)...but I fricking hate it when some asshole's child is kicking the back of my seat and they don't say anything.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it's really people who piss you off on planes, not necessarily just the kids. I travel a lot and it's actually quite rare for me to have my flight ruined by a screaming child. I'm more annoyed by adult fuckfaces who carry on too much luggage and cause some other poor asshole to have to check his bag (seriously, in what other social scenario does this not result in a beatdown?), or talk too loudly on the phone, have the personal hygiene habits of a ****-flinging chimp in the lavatory, or slam their seatback down without warning - I can fill a page with this ****.

the one kid-related thing that annoys me (although this is also really directed at their parents) are those stupid ******* side by side strollers that take up so much goddamn space and are so unwieldy that they are guaranteed to piss off everyone within 10 feet. the ultimate in inconsiderate parenting.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

it's really people who piss you off on planes, not necessarily just the kids. I travel a lot and it's actually quite rare for me to have my flight ruined by a screaming child. I'm more annoyed by adult fuckfaces who carry on too much luggage and cause some other poor asshole to have to check his bag (seriously, in what other social scenario does this not result in a beatdown?), or talk too loudly on the phone, have the personal hygiene habits of a ****-flinging chimp in the lavatory, or slam their seatback down without warning - I can fill a page with this ****.

the one kid-related thing that annoys me (although this is also really directed at their parents) are those stupid ******* side by side strollers that take up so much goddamn space and are so unwieldy that they are guaranteed to piss off everyone within 10 feet. the ultimate in inconsiderate parenting.

This.

The worst is when someone takes up the overhead with their briefcase, or even worse, their jacket.

Once was on a flight where someone did this. Someone else gently moved his laptop bag over (put it upright rather than lying on its side) and the guy lost it--screaming about how no one could touch his stuff, etc. They ended up having to throw him off the plane, which of course made us even more delayed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads