• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Professional dog walker is mine.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

"Director of HR" is my dream job.

How much time have you spent around HR staff?

Seriously, working in HR at all sounds like a nightmare to me, and the notion of having to manage HR employees sounds even worse.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How much time have you spent around HR staff?

Seriously, working in HR at all sounds like a nightmare to me, and the notion of having to manage HR employees sounds even worse.

:laugh: I was only kidding. Though in my department, the Director of HR is a coveted title because you're making six figures, working 9-5, and just riding it out to retirement. That said, it can't be a fun assignment.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
You want to get HR people talking about the **** they've had to deal with at parties as some of it is just :facepalm: My head of HR has told me she's had to:

Tell an employee masturbating into the urinal is not appropriate
Uncountable times had to tell female employees to wear bras and/or panties
Tell a recently immigrated person to use the toilet to urinate vs. squatting over the drain in the middle of the female employee changing room
Fire a person the day before Xmas and said person fell to her knees begging

Just a few things that pop to mind she's told me.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You want to get HR people talking about the **** they've had to deal with at parties as some of it is just :facepalm: My head of HR has told me she's had to:

Tell an employee masturbating into the urinal is not appropriate
Uncountable times had to tell female employees to wear bras and/or panties
Tell a recently immigrated person to use the toilet to urinate vs. squatting over the drain in the middle of the female employee changing room
Fire a person the day before Xmas and said person fell to her knees begging

Just a few things that pop to mind she's told me.

I mean...I suppose that is a pretty ****** day to fire someone.
Unless it was because of some horrible action that just occurred (or was just uncovered), I feel like I would probably wait until monday

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I mean...I suppose that is a pretty ****** day to fire someone.
Unless it was because of some horrible action that just occurred (or was just uncovered), I feel like I would probably wait until monday

Yup, that's what happened. Apparently IT discovered something overnight and it was an immediate need.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It is a very gray day today, and even with Happy Lamp (name of my SAD lamp) I am struggling a bit.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

my staff who found out she had brain tumor last year but it later shrank and therefore didn't need to have it removed has been having serious issues lately. she seemed spaced out and have a hard time focusing and understanding stuff, so she took a few days off. she shows up at work yesterday, and I asked her to print out some stuff and she just literally stared at the pc and the monitor was off. told her to go home and see her neurologist... my fear is she probably had some kind of seizure. and this time, I think we need to talk about terminating her employment.

Sounds like an awful situation for her and you. Sorry to hear it.

To be lawyerish for a minute: hopefully you have a good employment lawyer and/or HR professional to consult with about the potential termination. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act and other laws terminating an employee because of their medical condition -- even when that medical condition impacts their ability to do the job properly -- can be tricky. (Not my area of law - I have more experience acting as a manager in this area than in giving legal advice. And obviously it can be done when the reasons are appropriate and properly documented, etc. Just suggesting you act cautiously -- and strategically, as ****** as it is to have to think that way given the human realities of the situation.)

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yup, that's what happened. Apparently IT discovered something overnight and it was an immediate need.

What can IT possible discover that warrants a no questions asked fire the day before christmas other than a bomb threat or something?

Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Embezzling money, sending firm secrets to other parties, sexual harassment...

Really, given how much goes through wide open channels (i.e. email and most web traffic) just about anything fireable could be found by IT.

My guess is that a normal monitoring process found something and set off alarms that they found the next morning.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
People have gotten fired for doing some pretty fucked up things with company computers at work come to think of it. (businesses sneaking illegal immigrants into the country, prostitution rings, etc.) Idiots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads