1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. dcg

dcg Well-Known Member

The thing is, I'm actually hoping that these new neighbors are dumb enough that they caused the damage when moving. Because the alternative is that I'm living near some dickless piece of shit who fucked with it.

2. dcg

dcg Well-Known Member

But how about when they make you gate check, and you find your seat, look up, and there are a couple of totally empty overheard bins directly across from you?

Something that I will never understand is why it takes people so long to de-plane. It's a two step process. Step 1 - grab your shit. Step 2 - GTFO

3. Gibonius

Gibonius Well-Known Member

I love the people who stand up and grab their bags the millisecond the plane docks. Fool, you've got 30 rows in front of you. It's going to be like ten minutes, calm your bits.

1 person likes this.
  4. dcg

dcg Well-Known Member

Yes, this is more amusing than frustrating, as it doesn't really negatively impact me. I like when I'm sitting in the aisle seat, and they're in that awkward crouch by the window seat.

Also, I will admit that I am one of those assholes who will put his bag several rows ahead of my seat. Because you definitely don't want to be the other type of asshole who ends up storing his bag behind his seat location, and has to swim upstream to get it (or worse, allow people behind you to de-plane first).

Ideally I like to have it on the other side of the aisle, so I can keep an eye on it. Not so much because I think someone will purposely steal it, but because I go through life always assuming everyone else is an idiot, and don't want someone taking it by mistake. I was perhaps traumatized by the loss of my bag on the way to Disneyworld (land? the one in FL. I can never remember which is which) as a youth, and being stuck with only a Mickey Mouse shirt to wear. This natural inclination to assume the incompetence of others has generally been to my benefit, though it tends to annoy those around me.

Case in point (and this brings us full circle back to my car situation) - my girlfriend, who hopefully will never read this post, arrived home tonight while I was waiting for the police to come take their report. I'd put the dog in the crate, and explained that I didn't want her to go crazy when the officer arrived. The g/f asked if she should take the dog into the basement with her, and I said that was fine, so long as the door was closed. She made some response indicating that of course the door would be closed. Lo and behold, I check a few minutes later, and it's almost shut but not latched. But hey, what harm could come from 57 pounds of pit bull exploding through a seemingly closed door toward an unsuspecting police officer? Anyway, the moral of the story is, do you think my g/f was appreciative when I notified her that she had not fully closed the door? No she was not.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
    4 people like this.
  5. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

I left my old apartment today after a heated argument with my little bitch 50-year-old roommate. It looks like he's going to try to dick me over on my security deposit.

The problem is, we never signed any official papers when I moved in. I just paid him rent every single month. I know, stupid move. But I do have electronic image records that clearly show he deposited my checks for first month's rent and security deposit when I first moved in.

We're only talking about $900 here, so it's not the end of the world if i don't see a dime of it back, but I fucking hate this guy so much.

It's also weirdly set up in that he's not the landlord, but his name is on the lease. So he assumes all liability for the apartment, technically. I've never met the landlord, but I do have his contact information. He lives in California, unfortunately.

What are my options here? When am I legally obligated to receive my security deposit back? I'm in MA.

WHERE IS HARVEY WHEN YOU NEED HIM?!?!?!

6. Gibonius

Gibonius Well-Known Member

For some reason I envisioned a person wearing a Mickey Mouse shirt, the mouse ears, and no pants.

Thanks Internet!

7. Biscotti

Biscotti Well-Known Member

What's the point of a security deposit in that setup? There is no stated length of the lease...so is that deposit supposed to ensure your don't move out during the month? Doesn't make sense, given that you must pay per month...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  8. E TF

E TF Well-Known Member

Just cause $900 worth of damage before you leave.

2 people like this.
  9. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

Sounds like you just got burned for $900.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  10. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Small claims court or piss in his bed and hide some food somewhere he won't fis to until it smell like a dead goat.

11. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

Month to month tenants in most places (not NYC) are obligated to give 30 days notice and next month's rent if that 30 days goes into the next pay period. I don't know when or how you left but he could be entitled to that $.

12. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home

I don't get these people at all. Unless I'm very close to the front, I just chill in my seat until the plane starts to empty.

Sitting for 10 minutes while everyone stands awkwardly, struggles to get their bags out in the crowd, and then stands in line waiting to deplane > Dealing with all that crap for six minutes

1 person likes this.
  13. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

weather.com is now using "moonrise" and "moonset" instead of sunrise and sunset to appease moon lovers advocates delicate issues with perceived sun privilege.

its almost as bad as when you buy something at wall greens instead of saying "thanks for shopping at wall greens" they say "be well"

1 person likes this.
  14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

Asians.

15. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

In a lot of places that aren't America they allow people to get on and off the plane from both ends, regardless of where their seat is. It's pretty fucking awesome if you ask me.

16. brokencycle

brokencycle Well-Known Member

I was once sitting in the back of the plane (because I'm a small timer and never get upgraded), and as soon as the pilot turned off the seatbelt light, I grabbed my bag and made it up to first class before anyone else stood-up. It probably saved me 15 minutes of deplaning. I felt like I won business travel that day.

Typical woman.

17. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

I gave him 30 days notice. He is not entitled to my security deposit, save for whatever he wants to deduct for damages.

18. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

Ah, well then you should punch him in his 50 year old nuts.

19. js4design

js4design Well-Known Member

Fuck mattress shopping. And the guys at SleepForum were no help (though I may have been in the street sleep subforum instead of classic sleep).

2 people like this.
  20. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

Shit in the closet before you move out.