1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

Coincidence (their insurance company will claim)!

2. dcg

dcg Senior member

Already spoke with them about it. The girl seemed genuinely surprised. The guy took a look at it for a while, then said he wasn't sure how I could prove it was them. Also, he said that he noticed the scratch there when he pulled in this morning. Which is interesting, because that'd be awfully difficult on a silver car that he was parked so close to.

Also, they don't have homeowners insurance yet. Not sure if it's something their car insurance would cover, but I just looked up my policy, and I have a $0 comprehensive deductible. I filed a claim with my insurance and told them what was up.

3. Kira

Kira Senior member

Is your insurance company national (GEICO, Farmer's, Aflac, etc.)? I was just wondering what you had.

USAA was the second-most recommended company in the country. I read that claim in Consumer Reports (but their claims aren't always reliable).

4. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

When he's talking about proving it was him the lines have been drawn.

5. dcg

dcg Senior member

I have State Farm, and except for one incident (that was the fault of an individual agent and not their company policy), have always been very happy with them thus far.

6. dcg

dcg Senior member

Agreed. "I know we didn't do it" is a whole lot different than "I don't see how you could prove it was us".

I'll see what my insurance agent recommends. Not sure whether I should be filing a police report or not.

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Will the police in Philly even file a report over that? I'd start taking pictures and try to rattle his cage.

8. dcg

dcg Senior member

Eh, I'm in the burbs. They came out and took a report ~7-8 years back when I woke up to a huge hole in the convertible top of a previous car, and kid-size footprints starting on the trunk and running down the hood.

Pics are a good idea. Pretty dark now, though. I think the girl's cage was sufficiently rattled. Would love to hear the details of the conversation going on between the two of them right now.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  9. brokencycle

Their auto insurance should or the Uhaul insurance or whatever. Also, I'd be surprised if they don't have homeowners. Before we could close on the house, we had to prove we had insurance and premiums are put into escrow (including the first month upfront).

10. dcg

dcg Senior member

They're renting; waiting for info from them on the actual owners. But yeah, someone there has homeowners - it's required by the HoA.

I've told my insurance company all of this, so I'm not sure there's much to be gained by my pushing things with them (in the event that it's confirmed that I have no deductible here). Other than reducing my annoyance the my insurance company has to pay instead of them.

11. brokencycle

The only concern I would have is an increased premium.

12. dcg

dcg Senior member

I know I was told at one point that comprehensive claims would not affect my rate. Not sure if that's specific to State Farm, or a general rule (but it was a State Farm agent who told me). I'll confirm when I get a chance to speak with my agent.

13. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

shifting web pages. Fucking annoying.

1 person likes this.
  14. Kira

Kira Senior member

Don't say that! Kirby should give the web designer a raise!

15. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I've been told that too. There's no "at fault" so no one to hand a premium increase to. Who knows though as car insurance is really a bit of a black box for us civilians.

16. dcg

dcg Senior member

Talked to my agent and he confirmed that there would be no rate increase. He did ask me to file a police report, so I did that tonight. Officer said not much could be done, given that I didn't see it happen. Looks like I'll be stuck going through my insurance, as expected.

1 person likes this.
  17. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

The fun part is plotting your revenge against your new neighbors. They're prolly not going anywhere anytime soon so you have time to get them really good

1 person likes this.
  18. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

I love doing this. One time, I bought a bunch of gay pride and "honk if you're horny!!" stickers for this one redneck neighbor who was always yelling at us for playing street hockey, and stuck them all over the back of his car. After all, who looks at their trunk when getting in the car each morning? Not this guy.

2 people like this.
  19. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

"For those of you who brought carry-on luggage that's too large for our overhead compartment.....fuck you and kill yourself, you fucking waste of life"

I will give $500 to the flight attendant who says this over the PA system on a flight that I am aboard. Dead serious

4 people like this.
  20. brokencycle

Same goes who are boarding zone 4368934673489634789569 who don't just gate check.

Some jets have shitty bins though - Delta regional jets for an example are smaller than standard. That being said, I've never done this.