1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Reminds me of the time Amazon sent me an email letting me know that Janis Joplin had released a new album.

2. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

JFC. This place is woefully undeserving of the name LiteraryTheoryForum.

The issue here has nothing to do with intertextuality. It's about narratology, polyphony (in the Bahktian sense) and la mort de l'auteur.

You guys need to watch less Game of Thrones and read more deconstructionism.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  3. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I am more about la petite mort.

4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

One question that must needs be asked is whether Bill Cosby was about the same thing, even at the cost of doing wrong acts of crime.

5. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

Roommates suck.I have no idea why anyone would share a place unless absolutely necessary. Seriously fucking tired of cleaning up after them.

4 people like this.
  6. otc

otc Senior member

Because it is a great way to split the cost of rent and have someone around who cleans up after you.

3 people like this.
  7. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Also help protect you from Bill Cosby (assuming Bill Cosby is not your roommate that would be unlikely in any event).

2 people like this.
  8. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm an only child and I thought I was going to have a huge problem having roommates in college. It never bothered me really. In some cases I kind of enjoyed it. Even after college when I had a roommate for 2 years, it was never a bother at all, and again, in some cases I kind of enjoyed it.

9. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

You have a kind and curious soul PB, that's the reason why..

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  10. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I have never once had a positive roommate experience. Living solo is so much better.

11. patrickBOOTH

Right, the whole army is out of step... :rolleyes:

12. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Marching in step is really hard when you have short legs.

13. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Having roommates can be great when you're all on the same exact page.

Unfortunately, that rarely happens.

My roommate in Dallas and i were on the same page. I miss that fool (and his shun knives and copper clad pots n pans).

14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

My best roommate experiences all involved really great cleaning ladies.

1 person likes this.
  15. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

The best roommates are the FWB-type. Conne and I could tell you some stories, we could

3 people like this.
  16. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

I've always had two at a time at this house. In total its been, IIRC, nine or maybe 10. Three have been bad, the rest were good. One was just an annoying tool and tried to be my friend and was just a generally bad roommate. The other was a tool and creeped out some of my friends and was annoying. This one now just eats all our food. Considering we've both asked him to stop before and he said he would. We're going to talk with him soon and be like don't eat our food or move out; there's no middle ground.

17. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

one of the great blood-curl screams that has ever happened in a movie is from Home Alone when Kevin placed a giant spider onto the face of a prone Marv. It's epic. So epic that when Home Alone was on TV the other night, I took a video of just that scream.

this morning, i was in a crowded elevator and flipping through photos to pass time. Accidentally hit the play button on that video :fu:

1 person likes this.
  18. patrickBOOTH

Don't get be wrong, most of my roommate experiences were sub-optimal, but it wasn't a life-wrecking anxiety-ridden experience either. For the most part it was fine. I think most people are just whiney little bitches who need shit perfect all of the time. Yes, that is most of you guys reading this.

19. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I have had 2 really bad roommate experiences One in college, the other a few years after graduating. The rest (in college) have been fine. I live solo now and don't plan on having a roommate again. However, if I were to change cities, I would get a roommate.

20. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

I just have a weird setup. Ive talked to them a collective total of maybe an hour. I do feel like I don't actually live here...it is very weird.