1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Hey Lar--are you listeing to kira's medical advice?

2. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Boy, I sure do hope no one steals my avatar!

1 person likes this.
  3. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

yesterday, I had a meeting that started at 7 AM and concluded at 5:30 PM. No, not a conference type thing, but an actual meeting. Since we were behind a bit, we had a working lunch too.

torture.

and then I got back al the work that I missed.

4. MrG

MrG Senior member

The ticks were awful this spring. I think everyone in the family found at least one, including the baby, and my wife wound up on antibiotics for a tick-borne illness.

Also, the worst place I ever found a tick was my nads. I think I invented a new yoga pose trying to get it off.

They make a gadget for everything, though I've never had any real trouble using tweezers to do the job.

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Nice try...

6. MrG

MrG Senior member

That sounds like pure misery.

7. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

damn it feels good to be a banka'

8. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

It feels like there are armies fighting an battle inside my intestines today.

9. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Who is winning???

The South or the North???

10. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Seems like they've finally agreed to a truce.

11. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

The perfect Modus Vivendi then...:D

12. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Are the Islamists winning?

13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Several days ago we learned one of our favorite "aunts" passed away. She just suddenly collapsed while visiting Taiwan and they were never able to resuscitate her.

She was basically our parent away from home. We had thanksgiving at her place every year. Whenever we were in the area we would stop by and get a huge meal.

We just saw her and her family before we left a month ago and this came as a huge shock

I also learned my only grandmother has early lung cancer and is refusing treatment because she doesn't want to go through all the suffering. I don't know how long she has left and I don't know when I can make it to Korea. I talked to her a few days before I learned about it and she sounded really good but apparently has a lot of trouble walking.

We've been both depressed and I've been easily annoyed at every little thing. Been bingeing on grilled cheese sandwiches because that's what the aunt used to make a lot.

I just don't know how to deal with this. I feel like doing absolutely nothing. I also feel very callous and closed off

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  14. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Grilled cheese sounds like as good a response as any.
    That sucks, obviously -- my condolences.
    Yesterday I happened to see the text of a letter written by Samuel Beckett to a friend on the occasion of a personal loss:

“My very dear Alan — I know your sorrow and I know that for the likes of us there is no ease for the heart to be had from words or reason and that in the very assurance of sorrow’s fading there is more sorrow. So I offer you only my deeply affectionate and compassionate thoughts and wish for you only that the strange thing may never fail you, whatever it is, that gives us the strength to live on and on with our wounds. Ever Sam.”

1 person likes this.
  15. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

sorry to hear this.

don't spend time worrying or feeling guilty about how you're dealing with this. we all cope with grief in different ways.

2 people like this.
  16. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

That's a lot of sorrow.

Strength and peace to you.

17. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

This sucks. My wife's paternal grandmother died from pancreatic cancer earlier this year, and her maternal grandmother was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer earlier this month.

I really hate it because there's nothing you can do about the grief, yet it manages to amplify every little bad thing that happens. It starts to feel like you can't go a week without something going wrong.

1 person likes this.
  18. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

aww man… I'm sorry… condolences. This part of your post really emphasizes the little things we appreciate about the people we love. Every Thanksgiving I weep a little for my grandmother's pumpkin pie. Not so much for the pumpkin part because 99% of everyone just uses the shit in the can… but damn that woman could make the flakiest, most perfectly crispy crust you ever had.

Not now, but one day a grilled cheese sandwich will make you smile and remember how great an aunt she was. Best wishes brother.

2 people like this.
  19. Kira

Kira Senior member

I wonder what cheese she used..

Other than cheesecake, pumpkin pie is my favorite. I always add some whip cream and a glass of whole milk.

20. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

+1 First non retarded thing you've ever said

1 person likes this.