1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

I enjoy it. The more ghetto, the better.

2. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Problem with my car that can't be diagnosed. A little over 60mph, the front end starts to vibrate. Started after getting new rotors put on. I've had the rotors re-mounted, new front wheel bearings, new control arm bushings, and two new front wheels. Guess what? Still not fixed! The vibration is less intense now but still present when you hit 65mph.

Guess you can't expect much out of a Chevy.

3. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Sounds like a metaphor for your love life..

1 person likes this.
  4. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Just got a UPS My Choice email saying "We tried to deliver your package but missed you." I've been here all morning waiting for this package because I need it today. Nobody rang my buzzer. Is there a number I can call to complain about this?

5. archetypal_yuppie

archetypal_yuppie Senior member

Have fun, they will just be complete useless idiots. They are terrible. My theory is sometimes they don't feel like trying to deliver, so they don't.

1 person likes this.
  6. zarathustra

zarathustra Senior member

Did they cross-rotate your tires when you had the rotors changed? Depending on the age of your tires and the frequency and style of rotation, if tires are cross-rotated the belts can move somewhat within the tires causing unevenness in the tires.

7. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

This. UPS is the fucking worst.

2 people like this.
  8. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

I watched a UPS driver stop in front of my house, sit there for a minute, then drive off without ever leaving the truck. Minutes later, my tracking status changed to "Delivery Attempted, No One Home." I called the office right away and I guess they forced him to turn around and come back.

1 person likes this.
  9. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I don't get this. I mean do they not realize they have to deliver that package at some point? Why not just do it?

10. tropics

tropics Senior member

my UPS guy is actually pretty cool.

11. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

my guess is that UPS puts a shift delivery quota, and they're overextended. "oh, these guys weren't home" is a quick way to bypass a lot of time and effort.

12. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I'm not sure, but tires are the only other thing I can think of at this juncture. I'm going to pick up snow tires soon so I will know then if it's a tire issue.

13. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

It wasn't even signature only. I get that it's annoying to walk up to the door, ring, have nobody be have for the nine thousandths time for that time and then leave with the package. But just walk up and hurl my package at the door and walk off. I don't even care if you ring.

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Our UPS guy doesn't play any games like the one you came across but he does not ring.

15. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

UPS guys in the suburbs are an entirely different type of person than in the city.

16. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

If this package doesn't get delivered tomorrow, I am screwed. I hate UPS. I hate USPS, too, but not as much because they can just leave the package inside my building.

17. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

There was a 5 train stopped today because of a sick passenger and I was like... I bet it's ebola.

18. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

Fucked up my day yes

19. zarathustra

zarathustra Senior member

The view from Penn Station shortly.

[​IMG]