• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Earthquake warnings? Now, I'll admit that I've never been in a quake, but it seems to me that you would have figured out that the ground is shaking long before your phone went off.

I think you get up to 30 seconds of warning

edit: might not sound a lot, but I suppose enough time for a train to come to a stop first before it start shacking

Last edited:

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think you get up to 30 seconds of warning

edit: might not sound a lot, but I suppose enough time for a train to come to a stop first before it start shacking

Interesting, thanks.

I guess any warning better than nothing!

Sorry to hear that....hope it's better than what they're trying to shove down our throats.

Please don't start this here. There is a whole subforum on SF where you can argue about politics at length, and this isn't it.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

we had one in NYC a few weeks ago. At 4 AM.

I remember it - was that the missing child alert? Wife and I were jumping around the bed trying to make that siren sound stop - we were scared shitless that some nuclear war had started.

I'm not quite sure what people are supposed to do with those alerts in the middle of the night when they're sleeping. Get up and go look for the missing child? :confused:

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

OBAMACARE IS NOT PUBLIC HEALTH CARE

I don't know, as I don't care, as it doesn't effect me. :embar:

Sorry to hear that....hope it's better than what they're trying to shove down our throats.

We pay 39-60% in income tax, which means that everything except dentists are free, even for foreign visitors, so if you get a heart attack etc. in Denmark, "I'm paying" not your insurance. Low income and people below 18 get free dental care.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

I remember it - was that the missing child alert? Wife and I were jumping around the bed trying to make that siren sound stop - we were scared shitless that some nuclear war had started.

I'm not quite sure what people are supposed to do with those alerts in the middle of the night when they're sleeping. Get up and go look for the missing child? :confused:

yep, you and everybody else in the f'ing 5 boroughs flew up from their beds.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/07/ambert-alert-phone-4-am-new-york.html

it's mostly for drivers, and when when the whole program started a number of years ago, you'd hear radio warnings and highway electronic signs indicating the vehicle in question and license plate number. now most phones have these alerts built in (unless you're like me and turn it off).

why somebody thought it was a good idea to do at 4 AM in a city where the majority of residents don't have cars and will not be driving to work is beyond me.

Last edited:

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
There's a disgusting new commercial development by my parents' house.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
trying to write a blog post for work and the damn image uploaded isnt working. :fu:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am not OCD or anything like that, but there are some things I worry about to an irrational degree, such as fires. Today I got all the way down the stairs in my building when I decided I should go back up to my condo to make sure I turned off all the lights. (On account of the lights might start a fire if they are on.) It turns out I had turned the lights off. This happens fairly frequently, and is annoying.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just moved from my girlfriends place to a 663sqft 1br1ba place. I call it the Lonelyman Floorplan.

Figured I'll do this for a year, save money, get a new car, then maybe move. But ****, this sucks.

::***** and moan::

Last edited:

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just moved from my girlfriends place to a 663sqft 1br1ba place. I call it the Lonelyman Floorplan. 

Figured I'll do this for a year, save money, get a new car, then maybe move. But ****, this sucks. 

::***** and moan::

I like living alone personally. Maybe I'll end up with roommates again (really can be a lot cheaper) but I am neurotic enough that it is difficult to live with others.

Was your GF's apt a lot bigger?

Last edited:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I hear all the cool kids hang out at the fedora lounge.

This little guy wearing a Top hat on Fedora Lounge is one of my personal hero...

He is also quite a wise guy I have been told..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads