1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I am not a fan of the Patriots. They are a football team that cheated the St. Louis Rams out of a Super Bowl victory.

1 person likes this.
  2. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Has anyone else experienced a very meek person suddenly becoming a raging asshole behind the relative safety of a keyboard? I had a family issue come up this week, so I e-mailed a colleague to ask if he'd be willing to do me a favor and take over some work. Instead of writing something polite like, "sorry, I can't do it on such short notice," it turns into a rant: "I can't believe you're asking me this! I don't appreciate you dumping this work on my lap at the last minute! This is something you need to take up between you and [the employer]. This is your problem and not mine!" So now instead of leaving town with my wife today, I now have to take an Amtrak train that leaves before dawn on Saturday.

3. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

I think you have just described the internet.

1 person likes this.
  4. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Or CE.

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Someone's butt hurt is never ending.

6. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Maybe he ate too much candy corn. [Intertextuality (the text color function isn't working for me right now)]

2 people like this.
  7. Kira

Kira Senior member

Bitch, I'm not talking to you, so fuck off..

(Not directed at anyone here.)

8. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Uh-oh. Looks like someone unknowingly butted into a conversation again.

9. L'Incandescent

Or knowingly even (would be worse).

10. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

This morning, I saw the guy who wrote me the unfriendly email today and he was completely friendly. Cracks me up. I can imagine him seething over his computer when he wrote that email.

11. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

12. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Somehow I left the stove on (unlit) in my apartment for like a day and did not smell gas at all. My neighbor complained, and my landlord had to bust in with the gas man. I'm lucky no pets or humans were harmed.

13. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

did this once at our old apartment. The entire top 2 levels wreaked of gas when i got home.

neighbor: "dude, you smell that?"

me: "yeah, prob the guy downstairs"

:embar:

we actually have kid-proof knobs on our gas stove now, mostly because the dog is tall enough to reach them and we don't want curiosity to cause a leak.

14. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Wow good thing you guys caught that! It really could have reeked all sorts of havoc!

1 person likes this.
  15. jawboneofa

jawboneofa Senior member

I was at a bachelor party back in August at a house outside Denver that belonged to the brother of one of the other groomsmen. The brother and his family were out of town that weekend and let us use it. After several hours of drinking and poker on Friday night most of us decided to turn in around 2am except for three guys. When we woke up in the morning, I stepped outside to take in a beautiful Colorado morning, and realized when I came back in that the place reeked, and I mean REEKED, of gas.

Apparently one of those three decided it was a good idea to turn on the stovetop but not light it. Whoever it was also decided to turn on the broiler. We think the idea was to cook some burger/cinnamon rolls; at least that's what the bowl of uncooked ground beef and cinnamon roll dough (all mixed together) next to the stove would suggest.

Brother comes home a few days later and texts his brother,"Why are all my doors and windows open?"

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

It could have been one of the strippers.

Um, you did have strippers, didn't you?

17. MrG

MrG Senior member

Bitches, he wasn't talking to you, so fuck off.

3 people like this.
  18. L'Incandescent

I am in my office doing tasks but it is cold in here and I am not allowed to change the settings of heat.

(What a cruddy post only meterologiss care about tempatures its not Meterologyforum you know)

19. L'Incandescent

Today I made a mistake that caused me to be embarrassed. I was talking with a person who I thought was my ex-girlfriend but she wasn't, she was just a person who had the same name. I said "Remember how we used to enjoy going to watch films and talking about scientific discoveries?" And she was like "That was a different Bethanee not me you dunderhead!" In my defense, how likely is it that I would know two people be named Bethanee?

20. Cordwinder

Cordwinder Senior member

Time and effort went into developing samples according to client's specs but to have them dropped without any reason or attempts to improve designs is frustrating. But in reading past emails, I'm starting to think there was no intentions in the beginning, just wanted samples and fabric details to imitate in clients other China factories. This sucks