1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. MrGimpy

MrGimpy Senior member

My advice if you're still in hiding and wish to avoid an armed confrontation with the authorities is to use tor.

1 person likes this.
  2. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

Lowbeam bulb on the car is out... and the dealer tells me to replace it, they have to basically take off the entire front end. $10 bulb... $160 in labor. Thank you Japanese engineers. I think this is revenge for WWII.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  3. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

iPad fell from about 2ft high and cracked the screen right down the middle. :fu:

4. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Don't believe them. Pop the good, the bulb will stick out the back, you might have to unscrew a round mount. Pull out bulb or push in and twist. Bulb removed, replace unit where you found it, close hood paypal me $40 as thanks. Or run a bonsai errand for me in Tokyo.

5. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I seriously doubt it. They are taking you for a ride. That's why you should never have work done at a dealer, unless you need to score some coke.

6. rach2jlc

Unfortunately I don't think they are. I enlisted the help of my handyman neighbor and he was bewildered by how the thing was put together (first thing he did was try Edina's suggestion).

And the dealer I've known for 15+ years; while I wouldn't trust him with my kids, I don't think he'd try to screw me. At least not at work. (rawr!)

7. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

While I don't know about hte latter the former is probably true. There will even be YouTube videos showing you how to do it, rach.

8. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Taking a bumper off is really easy. The hardest part is getting over the fear that you will break something.

9. rach2jlc

So checking online it does have to come off. And there are videos. But they have explanations like:

"Removing the bumper is very easy, I've done it 100 times. 1 screw on each side of the bumper right where the front wheels are & 3 screw ontop of the bumper when u open the hood. Other then that one screw near the front wheels the bumper is snapped in place, so just give a small pull & it will pop out. Before u drop the bumper to the floor beware of the side marker plugs, drop it slowly & unplug the side markers then u can take down the bumper... I personally would remove the whole bumper entirely cuz it's easier when puttin back on, but the way I just told u is the fast and easy way"

That doesn't sound easy at all. :lol:

Anybody want to come over and work on this? I'll provide a nice Malbec and witty banter.

See above. (haha)

10. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

3rd year in a row, my downstairs neighbor (the smoke detector guy) stopped paying his gas bill in the summer, and the gas company shut off the entire building. Guess I have to do my cooking with the science oven today.

11. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

If you were in central NJ I would. Watch a bunch of the videos until you are comfortable with it and then go pull the thing off.

12. rach2jlc

:lol: See, how I figure it is you car-knowing fellas can read that crap and it makes sense. But, to me, it's like:

"Counting nouns in standard Japanese is easy! I've done it a thousand times. Just use the "Flat object" counter for flat objects, unless they are bound with twine or shaped without straight edges. Animals, use the "animate" counter unless they are birds, rabbits, or butterflies. For the former two use the counter applying to winged objects (other than carniverous birds, eagles notwithstanding). For the latter count with heads of sheep and cattle. Furniture is a breeze! Just count them all with large wooden objects, unless they are dressers or something you can spread out on the floor. Fish, though, might cause a bit of a hiccup. If the fish is alive, count it with other seafaring objects. But, if it is dead, it depends on whether it's got its tail, whether it's cut into slices, whether it's on a plate, or whether it's an octopus. For that, you have to count with liquids, but don't get confused with liquids in general or those enclosed in a cup." ;)

1 person likes this.
  13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Sounds like all you have to do is unscrew 5 screws and remove two plugs on the side. I feel like all you have to do is warch a video

1 person likes this.
  14. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Put on your pink workgloves and replace the damn thing yourself.

15. rach2jlc

Oh jeez, I hate you guys. Somebody come help me. This is all so confusing. ;)

It's like the whole front of the car, so if I F&%$ it up I'm basically going to drop my whole front end off in the street when I drive. Or, to tell the truth, it's my husband's car, so he'll be doing it. Asian driver, insert joke here.

[​IMG]

I'd pay to replace the whole front end if I could be sure you were standing in front of it when I drove through at 45mph. :lol:

Ugh, I miss my subaru. :(

1 person likes this.
  16. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

My old car had 5 screws on the top, 8 underneath, and 4 of those stupid push clip things in each wheel well. That was a pain in the dick to do. Those push clips break just from thinking about removing them.

17. MrG

MrG Senior member

Rach, I'm assuming you've not relocated to Georgia, so I can't do the work for you. However, I humbly suggest that you consider having your mechanic replace both bulbs while he has the bumper off. The other one is going to fail at some point, maybe soon if it has a life similar to the one you're replacing now, and $10 of prevention would seem to be worth about $160 of cure.

2 people like this.
  18. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

There's not much that puts me to mood of PO'd, but here's one thing: when I'm at a stop sign and someone turns left onto my street can't be bothered to make a 90 degree turn cuts into my lane and pert near hits me. This happened moments ago. I try to make eye contact so's to send the message of "what the hell are you doing?" but the facial expression on the other person is sort of like the expression you see on the faces of cows.

19. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Pissing me off: a special flower on an event committee I'm on that constantly has one on one communications with various committee members, and on each occasion, she's constantly pushing for things to be done a different way each time. I've had to bitch slap her three times now about, "The work of the committee gets done at a committee meeting or we get three results for XYZ...JUST LIKE YOU'VE CAUSED HERE AGAIN."

Fuck off and die.

1 person likes this.
  20. rach2jlc

I told you so many times.
    Beware teh mollusk, in all of its ensnarementes.

ps need a good bottle of malbec in my price range. ???

1 person likes this.