1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

If he didn't eat between breakfast and dinner, it would be very close, normally you do dinner-lunch.

I used to do the dinner - lunch fasting and when you get used to it, it's not bad at all.

2. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I love candy too much.

3. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Is "candy" a euphemism here?

4. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I go without eating from dinner to the next day's dinner at least four days a week and often more. I hate lunch, and if I have to do a lunch meeting, always get a salad or I feel like shit all afternoon.

6. 660

660 Well-Known Member

I feel your pain,

Had some serious back pain a few year ago when hitting my thirties.

An MRI showed that I had a slipped disc between L5/L4, apparently one of the most common, if not the most common, back injuries according to my back doctor.

It was pure hell and agony for the first 3 weeks, had to crawl to the bathroom, could sit down on the throne, thank god, but with severe pain. But couldn’t sit down otherwise at all, had to stand or lie down flat.

Took around 6 months of rehabilitation to get back to normal, but still 5 years on I have some feel from the injury at times, but I know how to deal with it and how to do exercises and stretches to get back to normal within a few minutes.

I had a Chinese physiotherapist and this has probably been a life saver, as she taught me some stretches and exercises that work very well.

For some reason these very simple stretches don’t seem to be common with western physio’s from what I have learnt from others with similar problems and I have shown the exercises to.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  7. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

And with pizza on a bagel, you could eat pizza any time.

3 people like this.
  8. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Conne gets it

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

Shit I haven't seen those since grade school.

10. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

The pizza bagel used to be a staple of the super healthy public school menu. Michelle Obama has probably ruined that joy though.

11. js4design

js4design Senior member

Scene from the apartment (sorry I'm 2 days late).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    5 people like this.
  12. Kira

Kira Senior member

I hate two of my college classes: Leadership and U.S. History II. In Leadership, the discussions turn into circuitous dorm room debates, and my professor in History II reads from her outline verbatim. She takes 2-3 second pauses as she is finished with each major bullet point. Her first lecture was completely pointless because she doesn't go in-depth about the material we are supposed to read (The Industrial Revolutions and The Gilded Age). The coverage was about 3 or 4 pages; and she went on about the inventions of products that occurred nearly three decades after.. Not only does she not give accurate information on the material, she doesn't even give the students a chance to discuss about the material. What the hell is the point of even coming these classes?

13. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Leadership sounds like the perfect opportunity to troal

1 person likes this.
  14. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Just got back from KISS now I want to be trunken but must needs work tomorrow.

15. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Good.

16. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

That's awful. I have this friend who is a pretentious masseuse and an exercise junky. He was texting me all day yesterday about how it all happened because I don't work out at the gym. I really think he's just biased. I would honestly file this under "shit happens". I mean people who work out never get injuries? :rolleyes: I have a friend who started doing this "feldenchrist" thing that helped him a lot with some issues, but again, injuries due to exercise. I just kind of have this strange objection to going to the gym for many reasons I'd rather not get into. My uncle, a doctor, just mailed me some Percocets to take. Hopefully I don't become a junky.

17. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

You don't need painkillers for back pain as much as you need Valium but preferably both. Also, your uncle has just broken a whole bunch of laws.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  18. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

My throat is sore this morning either I am in the beginning stages of ill or else I did yell too much. I hope it's the latter because I am very bad at being sick (get frustrated of can't work at a high level and also think I have an fatal disease). Probly just need a Percocet.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  19. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

I herniated my L4/L5 while weightlifting some years back, had to have surgery. My back never hurt before the surgery, but I had paralysis and nerve pain. Replaced it with really severe back pain and spasms after the surgery, took more than a year to get over.

I was on Valium and Percoset the first couple weeks. Felt great! Then they phased me off. Boo.

20. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Why? He sent me a prescription not the pills themselves.