1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

So I was driving home from work this evening and I had espn on the radio. Wouldn't you know it those idiots said the scores of baseball games. I called in and said "Hey you shit for brainses haven't you ever heard of spoiler alert!" They apologized on the air and said they wouldn't say scores anymore. I was like that's a nice gesture and all but it's a little too late now.

2. L'Incandescent

There was a beautiful lady of Chinese heritage at the grocery store but I didn't make conversation or anything. Just went about my business as if there were no beautiful lady of Chinese heritage in the grocery store.

1 person likes this.
  3. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

You should have asked her out for Mexican food.

4. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

97% of Cormac McCarthy novels/movies contain:

- desert, ranches, or setting with lots of dirt/dust (like a dystopian future ravaged by calamity)
    - white guy falling in love with a hot latina woman
    - something tragic happening to said latina woman
    - scary latino crime bosses with impeccable taste in architecture and material items
    - horrible sadistic violence and/or rape
    - hopelessness
    - long monologues about life
    - sad endings

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  5. Nil

Nil Senior member

I've always wondered why French food items said in the proper accent always sound douchey, yet when it comes to other cuisines, say Mexican, you'd sound like an uneducated rube if you didn't pronounce them properly. Imagine an idiot saying jalapeno with a hard J, or tortilla with an actual L sound instead of the -ya.

6. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

When I lived in Arizona, I heard people say "Jah-LAP-i-no" pretty regularly. I've also heard "Hal-a-PEEN-o" a lot. Drives me nuts, as does hearing people talk about getting burritos at "Chi-POLE-tee".

1 person likes this.
  7. L'Incandescent

I enjoy saying "chipoltee." Sometimes I go the extra mile and say "chipoltuh."

8. mordecai

mordecai Senior member

9. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I keep on experiencing police in their extremes: sometimes they are being totally cool and the next minute they are giving me bogus parking tickets (this time the police officer actually jogged away from me and jumped in his car and sped off :fu: :lol: ) while I tried to show him the beach/parks pass right on my dashboard that he conveniently failed to see.

it must be quota season again for them. at least its easy to appeal the ticket online and all the other ones I've gotten have been dismissed.

side note: the street going to the beach/park is a simple two lane street where bikers, muscle cars, and the occasional Ferrari/Lamborghini will come flying through doing 50-75mph on a 25mph speed limit road which has a ton of joggers, cyclists, and families crossing/walking on the street, its even is a school zone but these fucking cops focus on the parking violations.

10. L'Incandescent

Sam Bradford did injure his left knee again in tonight's game. :censored:

11. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Just discovered a serious leak in the ceiling of a closet in my apartment that destroyed almost $1000 worth of books and papers. Luckily most of it is still in print, but there are some loose papers I'm going to have to dry out and xerox. Now I have the fun of dealing with the insurance company.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  12. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Isn't it pronounced like "chip-pottle"?

You know what pisses me off... I used to make fun of yinzers (Pittsburghers) who say "slippy" instead of "slippery." Now what started as a joke has seeped into my vocabulary for real. And I hate it.

13. L'Incandescent

I used to enjoy saying "chimbley." I had never heard that until I moved to PA (Pennsylvania), but I discovered that people of other states say it as well.

14. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

You would make a better QB imho

15. L'Incandescent

Oh son of a bitch! Bradford is out for the whole 2014 season.

16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

17. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

18. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

19. L'Incandescent

Also, stupid commenters on ESPN website. "Hey ESPN yesterday you han said the Rams were optimistic. Now you're saying he's out for the season. What the hell ESPN need to go to journalism school!!!"

Be like "Hey espn 10 minutes ago you said the Cardinals game was in the 6th inning now you flip flopped trying to tell us it's the 7th. Get you're story strait ESPN!!!!"

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  20. L'Incandescent

@Biscotti

You have to tell us the story what's going on of a sudden?