Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

whatever kid, just don't start cutting yourself.

have a nice week off.

2. Lady Canuker

Lady Canuker Distinguished Member

Being given a hard time about whether or not I am a female just because I won't post pics of myself on the boards [​IMG]

3. warlok1965

warlok1965 Distinguished Member

^ I imagine that you look just like your avatar [​IMG]

4. Lady Canuker

Lady Canuker Distinguished Member

^ I imagine that you look just like your avatar [​IMG]

Aww thanks [​IMG] One day I'll have to post something in WAYWN that should get a reaction.

5. Huntsman

Huntsman Distinguished Member

Saw a photo of myself in profile, and HOLY FUCK my hair is disappearing at an epic rate!!! From the front I have a few wisps at the front that I fool myself into thinking are proper coverage, but from the side, the lie is exposed. I saw this Sunday and it ruined the day for me. By next year, they won't need a GPS chip to find me, they'll be able to see my bald-ass forehead from outer [email protected]!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I have the same problem. But you've got a decade on me. Do you feel better now?

6. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Stylish Dinosaur

Editors.

F*ck em all.

Any editors reading this: I meant that personally.

7. Kohan

Kohan Senior Member

I've been researching suits for an upcoming b-day acquisition, and a friend directed me to the Charles Tyrewhit site. I guess they're going out of business, because I found an absolutely perfect and beautiful 2-button suit that's exactly in my price range.

And they are COMPLETELY sold out of everything in my size.

[​IMG]

8. robertorex

robertorex Distinguished Member

my dorm room is too small for all the strange exercise equipment I want to put in it.

9. RedLantern

RedLantern Distinguished Member

I've been researching suits for an upcoming b-day acquisition, and a friend directed me to the Charles Tyrewhit site. I guess they're going out of business, because I found an absolutely perfect and beautiful 2-button suit that's exactly in my price range.

And they are COMPLETELY sold out of everything in my size.

[​IMG]

Birthday suit?[​IMG]

10. Brian278

Brian278 Distinguished Member

I've been researching suits for an upcoming b-day acquisition, and a friend directed me to the Charles Tyrewhit site. I guess they're going out of business, because I found an absolutely perfect and beautiful 2-button suit that's exactly in my price range. And they are COMPLETELY sold out of everything in my size. [​IMG]
    Later, you will realize this turn of events wasn't all bad.

11. rdawson808

rdawson808 Distinguished Member

Man, these people on Freecycle are killing me. You offer something up--for free!-- and they bitch at you for not following some arcane protocol that they made up.

We offered two Ikea wardrobes and had 20+ responses within minutes. We notified the first person and made arrangements for her to pick them up. We told the next person "you're second in line, we'll tell you if it falls through." Everyone else got "Sorry it's taken. We'll re-list if things fall through."

One person writes back telling us we're supposed to keep a list of everyone who responded. Huh? Fuck you! We're giving this thing away for free. We'll do things how we see fit. Others just assume they're the first in line and start making plans to pick it up--on a day we specifically say doesn't work for us. Huh? Pay attention.

b

12. Bhowie

Bhowie Stylish Dinosaur

Man, these people on Freecycle are killing me. You offer something up--for free!-- and they bitch at you for not following some arcane protocol that they made up.

We offered two Ikea wardrobes and had 20+ responses within minutes. We notified the first person and made arrangements for her to pick them up. We told the next person "you're second in line, we'll tell you if it falls through." Everyone else got "Sorry it's taken. We'll re-list if things fall through."

One person writes back telling us we're supposed to keep a list of everyone who responded. Huh? Fuck you! We're giving this thing away for free. We'll do things how we see fit. Others just assume they're the first in line and start making plans to pick it up--on a day we specifically say doesn't work for us. Huh? Pay attention.

I love entitlement.

13. globetrotter

globetrotter Stylish Dinosaur

sorry - I am going to claim some of your hatred, too. I started growing my hair long this year and now it is longer than it has ever been, I am really enjoying it. and, yes, it is thick. actually, the trouble is that I am not sure when I am going to start looking stupid, I still think that it is a cool look, but I could go overnight into looking like a middle aged long haired fool.

That depends on how you define older (late 30's), yes-ish, and yes. But then again, I don't identify with being late 30's - I still feel younger, and think I look younger, but I think the late-30"look" is hard to pin down anyway, except that I have a relatively lean and still-unlined face which seems young to me.

It was just - that picture. I mean, it looked like my hairline started at the North Freaking Pole. I thought...surely that's a trick of the lighting!!?!? Ehhh, not so much, old boy...

The other thing, the deep dark, seedy underbelly of it all (besides the vanity) is that I always identified a certain 'point of no return'. Let's say Mrs. Thomas leaves me, or I leave her, or whatever. How appealing am I now, now that I have noticeably moved even further away from Keanu Reeves and significantly closer to Abe Fucking Vigoda on the hawtness scale.

It's like...I'd better hurry up and trade you in before the trade window closes. And, before anyone works up a sense of (understandable) outrage over this, I would like to mention that Mrs. Thomas and I have traded this sort of banter in the past, on both sides of the fence. There's no foreshadowing or mysogyny going on here, just some Proustian remembrances of hairlines past.

14. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

I have the same problem. But you've got a decade on me. Do you feel better now?

I don't feel better knowing that others share the same misfortune. I do commiserate, though.

sorry - I am going to claim some of your hatred, too. I started growing my hair long this year and now it is longer than it has ever been, I am really enjoying it. and, yes, it is thick. actually, the trouble is that I am not sure when I am going to start looking stupid, I still think that it is a cool look, but I could go overnight into looking like a middle aged long haired fool.

GT, I could never hate you. But I could be pissed off if you start posting pics of your new Fabio-esque locks.

But enough of the hair thing: I have a new misfortune. the three-day weekend that was granted to me last night has been revoked. The deal was: Friday is a scheduled court date to address the foster placement and possibly terminate parents' rights. We were going to leave town Friday and head to SA for a long weekend. Last night: I had permission to go, then this morning it got yanked because our computer transition went haywire on a number of levels, and we have to get it straight. I'm down with the work - been working Saturdays all year so far, but to yank a three-day weekend that is also the END OF SPRING BREAK for the little one?!?

Thomas is pissed.

15. randallr

randallr Distinguished Member

Facebook is not working from the office right now. UGH.