• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Man, didn't know you got a girl pregnant.
frown.gif

She probably weighs 115 and a sz 2, it's the dress.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
I have the opposite problem. I have too much hair. It's so thick and I constantly have to swipe it away from my forehead resulting in a faux-Zac Efron look. I should get it cut soon but I can't seem to find the time between school and SF. I could always bring my iTouch and hope to find a connection but that doesn't seem likely. It was ultra-bothersome this morning that I started wearing one of my sister's headbands. On top on that, I can't seem to find a park near my house to go running.

Frak.

F$#k you very much.

Originally Posted by Connemara
Yeah, my hair is super-thick. It's getting like Blagojevich's.

Same for you.

Originally Posted by Bhowie
I've got the blago going on. I'm trying to grow it out but I'm in an awkward blago-mullet phase. HELPZ! Should I start a thread about this?!?1

and for you, too, Blago-mullet bastard. Send some my way!

Originally Posted by randallr
Yeah, my hair is super thick. I need it cut.

And you as well, you ironic hipster-with-a-size-2-girlfriend bastard.

Now you're all pissing me off. I envy you all more than you will ever know!!!!!

Here's the kicker - as with the Grim Reaper, I knew this day would arrive. Still, seeing it happen in front of my eyes, it still stings to see it.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My social life is killing me.

I love my friends and I love London, but most of the socializing here is done with copious amounts of booze. Now I've always been one who more than likes his drink, but between getting older and somehow packing out my social calender it seems like I am perpetually hovering between intoxicated and hung over.

If I were to find out I was going bald like Thomas it might make me snap

K

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the opposite problem. I have too much hair. It's so thick and I constantly have to swipe it away from my forehead resulting in a faux-Zac Efron look. I should get it cut soon but I can't seem to find the time between school and SF. I could always bring my iTouch and hope to find a connection but that doesn't seem likely. It was ultra-bothersome this morning that I started wearing one of my sister's headbands. On top on that, I can't seem to find a park near my house to go running.

Frak.

Yes, thick hair can actually be extremely annoying because nothing ever really stays in place, and if you hate using products, it can be a *****.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not particularly against using product but when I'm just at home, a headband or something of the sort will usually suffice.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not particularly against using product but when I'm just at home, a headband or something of the sort will usually suffice.

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
Wow, I think JetBlast just won that one.

I like JB - so I am not taking sides per se

Originally Posted by SField
whatever kid, just don't start cutting yourself.

and I really dont like Sfield, but this dick comment definitely won.

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
one of my own - the neighbor below me who keeps playing his stereo incredibly quiet, but just with the bass all the way up. I cant hear a single note of music, just the bass thumping my floor. I work from home all day and usually its not too bad, but even my boss said something when we were on the phone earlier. Problem is that I am an asshole, and I will turn something obnoxious all the way up and leave the house for a couple of hours. at 3am.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Here's the kicker - as with the Grim Reaper, I knew this day would arrive. Still, seeing it happen in front of my eyes, it still stings to see it.

Thomas, aren't you older, successful-ish, and married? Seems to me that most of the negatives of hair loss aren't a factor at your age.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Thomas, aren't you older, successful-ish, and married? Seems to me that most of the negatives of hair loss aren't a factor at your age.

That depends on how you define older (late 30's), yes-ish, and yes. But then again, I don't identify with being late 30's - I still feel younger, and think I look younger, but I think the late-30"look" is hard to pin down anyway, except that I have a relatively lean and still-unlined face which seems young to me.

It was just - that picture. I mean, it looked like my hairline started at the North Freaking Pole. I thought...surely that's a trick of the lighting!!?!? Ehhh, not so much, old boy...

The other thing, the deep dark, seedy underbelly of it all (besides the vanity) is that I always identified a certain 'point of no return'. Let's say Mrs. Thomas leaves me, or I leave her, or whatever. How appealing am I now, now that I have noticeably moved even further away from Keanu Reeves and significantly closer to Abe ******* Vigoda on the hawtness scale.

It's like...I'd better hurry up and trade you in before the trade window closes. And, before anyone works up a sense of (understandable) outrage over this, I would like to mention that Mrs. Thomas and I have traded this sort of banter in the past, on both sides of the fence. There's no foreshadowing or mysogyny going on here, just some Proustian remembrances of hairlines past.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads