• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some pretty grim news in here. Was going to post some piddling annoyance. I'll save it. Chin up, iGents.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's fantastic!

For what it's worth, some friends of mine had a baby that small right around Christmas of 2011, and he's thriving. Things were really rough for them for a number of months, and I'm pretty sure he's got some lingering health issues they have to manage, but he's really doing well. I hope your friends experience similar success.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
glad to hear things are looking better, SH. so many people on FB are morons.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some pretty grim news in here. Was going to post some piddling annoyance. I'll save it. Chin up, iGents.

+1. The things that were pissing me off now seem so trivial that I'm embarrassed.

GF, I'm really sorry to hear this and I sincerely hope that things get better for your sister and your family.
SH, glad to hear positive news, and hope to hear more soon.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GF Im new around here but I read about your sister and felt I should let you know that as bad as it seems there is hope . My daughter now 20 was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia at 17 Its been a rough road 911 calls hospitalizations blah blah . Today she is as normal seeming a kid as you would want to meet . Shes packing to go backpacking in the sierras for the summer .Looking forward to going back to school in the fall

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok I know its not that much to complain about in lieu of recent posts but:

I just made the mistake of eating a quick 15min lunch outside, now I'm a sweaty semi-drenched, swamped assed mess right now.

Last edited:

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

The last two weeks have been absolute hell for me and my family... I still can't believe this is real life. I keep expecting to wake up from this nightmare.

I hesitate even writing what I'm about to write.. but I guess I need to get this off my chest.

My sister experienced an acute psychotic episode two weeks back and while all signs initially pointed towards her episode being a brief one caused by stress (i.e., she would recover completely and never experience one again), it's starting to look like this may be the onset of schizophrenia for her.

She attempted suicide on Monday because she couldn't handle all the voices in her head anymore.

I never cried so much in my entire life. I'm tearing up right now thinking about it.

Right now she's in psychiatric care and it looks like a different combo of meds may be helping her symptoms, so we're hopeful that she may actually make a full recovery.. but we shall see.

I worry for her. I worry for my parents.

I'm just numb. When people asked me how my weekend was yesterday, I wanted to punch them in the face. I had to pretend to be happy for their stupid ******* ****** little trips they went on. Me? I was in the ER with my parents.

The only other person I told was my best friend and even he is being a ****** source of support. Lame, half-assed texts. I was there for that ****** when he was going through **** and this is all he can give me? **** him. Even now, he just texted me on what he should do about this stupid ***** whose number he got over the weekend, despite the fact that he already has a GF. Seriously? I'm starting to re-evaluate my friendship with him.

**** him.

**** the world.

**** everything.

Hang in there, GF. Best wishes for all concerned.

Last edited:

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bit down on a fork yesterday at lunch and now one of my bottom incisors is aching

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have a friend who was born pre-mature and wasn't expected to make it. He just turned 30 so there is always hope.

Better news to report this morning. Supposedly the baby is breathing on its own, which I hear is a really good sign. It's obviously a delicate little thing, but there's much more optimism about its chances. The slightly depressing thing is that people are commenting on the mother's facebook status with really casual and humorous congratulations, as if they don't quite understand the significance of an extremely early birth.

I was born 6 weeks early ~30 years ago and it worked out fine. NICU technology is way better than it was back then too, so there's probably a good chance. I was pretty big for being 6 weeks early though, helped my chances for back then.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ok I know its not that much to complain about in lieu of recent posts but:

I just made the mistake of eating a quick 15min lunch outside, now I'm a sweaty semi-drenched, swamped assed mess right now.

ugh. similar experience here. im a puddle, but mostly in teh armpits. ass doing ok. so gross. so hot.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Better news to report this morning. Supposedly the baby is breathing on its own, which I hear is a really good sign. It's obviously a delicate little thing, but there's much more optimism about its chances. The slightly depressing thing is that people are commenting on the mother's facebook status with really casual and humorous congratulations, as if they don't quite understand the significance of an extremely early birth.

Very glad to hear. I've googled a bit and it says that chances of a "full recovery" nowadays are quite good if the baby weighs >2.2lbs and was born after the 28th week.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads