• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Not looking forward to moving next weekend. And I know the deadbeat friends I've asked for help will come up with some lame excuse to avoid giving me a hand. :fu:

I would help but I have a backlog of Dance Moms episodes on the DVR.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

My life is made up of many components but I cannot say I have some over arching thing I've figured out called, "What I want to do with my life." As far as having a good time you have to realize some components of your life are going to suck, i.e. work, and hopefully more components will be good times. I guess framing it like that I can say I've figured out what I want to do with my life which is I want more of my life to be enjoyable than suck.

well put, piob. (wipes brown off nose)

I remember going to fashion island mall and seeing a Lamborghini countach pull up and rod stewart and a tall redhead get out. i was only 8yo. I said "whoah Forever Young!" and my older brother got angry at me and tried to shush me. Rod said something to me and I couldn't understand a word.

he probably asked you to introduce him to your mom

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Learned some very valuable lessons recently.

1. Don't hire a "handyman"
2. Don't hire a friend
3. Don't pay by the hour

Combine all of the above for maximal rage inducing masochism.

So yea... I'm pissed... now I really don't have money to do all the things I needed to get done and not a single project that got started is finished.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just goes to prove our generation even feels entitled to a job that is fun and creative. A bunch of pussies we are. By the way, startups are the new ultimate get rich quick schemes. Most people aren't passionate and just want a pay out, that is why most of them are failures.

I mean a lot of boring, or hard jobs still have great purposes in the way the world works. I feel that people forget to look at the bigger picture in their job and the value that it does create in the world. If it didn't have value to somebody, or something it wouldn't exist. Maybe I romanticize the workplace (which is weird) but it does put things into perspective.

I'm genuinely scared for when the next generation hits the work force.

On a start up related note, I have 31 year old cousin who has never held a proper job and is still in "school", who wants to self employed, what does he want to do you ask, not have a boss, thats his goal/plan, he doesn't know in what field etc.

As a self employed I can honestly say, the saying "You never get tired of working for yourself" is a blatant lie.

-----

Waiting pisses me off.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Learned some very valuable lessons recently.

1. Don't hire a "handyman"
2. Don't hire a friend
3. Don't pay by the hour

Combine all of the above for maximal rage inducing masochism.

So yea... I'm pissed... now I really don't have money to do all the things I needed to get done and not a single project that got started is finished.
I learned the same three all at one time a few years ago. Sounded like a good idea in the beginning, but ended horribly. Lost a friend, got shoddy work, and paid for what I didn't get. :fu:

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just goes to prove our generation even feels entitled to a job that is fun and creative. A bunch of pussies we are. By the way, startups are the new ultimate get rich quick schemes. Most people aren't passionate and just want a pay out, that is why most of them are failures.

I mean a lot of boring, or hard jobs still have great purposes in the way the world works. I feel that people forget to look at the bigger picture in their job and the value that it does create in the world. If it didn't have value to somebody, or something it wouldn't exist. Maybe I romanticize the workplace (which is weird) but it does put things into perspective.

Being afraid of hard work is so limiting this country is is going to go wanting in the future because smart people dont want to get their hands dirty . After getting a masters in philosophy I spent the the next 35 yr in heavy construction .I would do it the same way again

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yo, G, just cheer up that I won't be in the state for the next seven days, and then we'll have a whole weekend with my, you and nerdykarim gripping those shafts and driving those balls to the holes.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gulden's changed their cap on the bottle, specifically making the squeeze opening much larger, and it is now nearly impossible to make a sandwich without it drowning in mustard.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that should be illegal. condiment bottle technology has advanced to a point where i think such a law would be fair and just.

long gone are the days of glass catsup bottles with congealed catsup all around the edge. or digging through the mustard glass with the back of a spoon to get to the bottom. or smacking them on the bottom when they are running low, only to have a giant glob end up on your food or plate.

to revert back is just madness. MADNESS I SAY!!

Last edited:

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been getting more and more lax on my "no eating in the car" rule. Now I do it only out of necessity or snacks on a road trip etc.. Well, the gf spilt an entire thing on French fries all over my car this afternoon. Grrr Back to enforcing my rule...

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

that should be illegal. condiment bottle technology has advanced to a point where i think such a law would be fair and just.

long gone are the days of glass catsup bottles with congealed catsup all around the edge. or digging through the mustard glass with the back of a spoon to get to the bottom. or smacking them on the bottom when they are running low, only to have a giant glob end up on your food or plate.

to revert back is just madness. MADNESS I SAY!!

maybe NSFW (although its SFyoutube since the NSFW bit is so obviously not real).
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

Guy is weaving from lane to lane in front of me going all of about 3 mph . When I bump the horn he angrily waves his cell at me like "cant you see im on the phone here " **** its come to that

So you whipped out your smartphone and posted about it here?

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads