• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

woodywoodford

Reaction score
What's pissing me off-
There's a guy on my floor here in the office who works in accounting. He takes multiple hour-long (or more) bathroom breaks every single day. And when he's done sleeping, he comes in through our side of the floor so that his boss doesn't notice him coming in so much later, and instead he was "at the photocopier". How do I know? At first I thought it was interesting that he was in there every time I went. But then my coworkers started commenting on it too.

Honestly, it doesn't effect me or my job at all (different departments). I just can't stand that someone practices such blatant laziness, and gets away with it. Then I remember that he's an accountant, and his life sucks to begin with. I'll let him have it...

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I just can't stand that someone practices such blatant laziness, and gets away with it.

155.jpg

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What's pissing me off-
There's a guy on my floor here in the office who works in accounting.  He takes multiple hour-long (or more) bathroom breaks every single day.  And when he's done sleeping, he comes in through our side of the floor so that his boss doesn't notice him coming in so much later, and instead he was "at the photocopier".  How do I know?  At first I thought it was interesting that he was in there every time I went.  But then my coworkers started commenting on it too.

Honestly, it doesn't effect me or my job at all (different departments).  I just can't stand that someone practices such blatant laziness, and gets away with it.  Then I remember that he's an accountant, and his life sucks to begin with.  I'll let him have it...

If he gets his job done, and does a good job, who cares? Face time in the office is overrated.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GF - i think maybe you are misunderstanding piob a lil bit. one does not have to have a job that feels like drudgery, most people should not have that kind of job. maybe your rough and tough pennsylvania steel mill type worker, who drinks motor oil for coffee, and has a cigarette stained moustache that is more manly itself than most entire men will ever be, and is gonna put in 35 hard years so he can retire with SS and a pension and hunt for his remaining days, is ok with that, and thats fine, but most people need some kind of job satisfaction.

rather, a job is still a job. you dont usually get to do what you love most in life hobby-wise for a living, and do it with your best broes and rock out to cool music and go sky-diving after work and have parties all the time. that is not normal, and rarely works. despite what beer commercials imply.

one can be happy with their job, what they are doing, and what purpose and value they add to the world. they can also have an entirely separate personal life where they try to do what they love to do as much as possible. the two join together for a very fulfilling life most times.

maybe you need to stop worrying so much about what future purpose your life has, and how you can have the most awesome time, and focus more on doing well at your job and seeing the future it may have, and being a constructive member of society, all while having a satisfying home life. and then one day you retire and do what it is that your retirement funds allow for.

let it seep in and reflect. its really not a bad gig.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Well it's Orange County, so your first 2 questions should be answered already. Traffic wasn't that bad when I was there, but things are pretty close together and parking is a bit of a mess.

Traffic sucks if you need to get to/from anywhere else, but as munchausen notes NB itself is pretty compact, so the immediate area is generally crowded but manageable.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's pissing me off-
There's a guy on my floor here in the office who works in accounting.  He takes multiple hour-long (or more) bathroom breaks every single day.  And when he's done sleeping, he comes in through our side of the floor so that his boss doesn't notice him coming in so much later, and instead he was "at the photocopier".  How do I know?  At first I thought it was interesting that he was in there every time I went.  But then my coworkers started commenting on it too.

Honestly, it doesn't effect me or my job at all (different departments).  I just can't stand that someone practices such blatant laziness, and gets away with it.  Then I remember that he's an accountant, and his life sucks to begin with.  I'll let him have it...

SNITCHES GET stitches BEYYAOOOCCH.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Biaaatches who stand near the elevator texting while the door opens and I am standing there holding the door for them to enter/exit first!

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guy is weaving from lane to lane in front of me going all of about 3 mph . When I bump the horn he angrily waves his cell at me like "cant you see im on the phone here " **** its come to that

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
something that really bothers me is abandoned cars in the middle of the street, particularly busy streets during rush hour. waitwat you say, who leaves their car abandoned in a traffic lane? people in baltimore, thats who. so, when i come across this, i call 311 so the car can be towed.

well, this happened today, and after i saw 2 cars come to a screeching halt to avoid colliding into this abandoned car, i called 311. i tell the lady on the phone and she transfers me to a different department, not her problem apparently. same things happens when the next person picks up. and again. so i gave up and hung up the phone.

hey bmore public works, that 5 car pile up due to an abandoned vehicle in a traffic lane in rush hour, its on you lazy bmore city workers. bunch of lazy useless assholes. so mad.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Of all the beverages I could have become addicted to, why does my favorite have to be called an "iced chai latte"?

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you really want an answer to that?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, something like that. when should we get together?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not looking forward to moving next weekend. And I know the deadbeat friends I've asked for help will come up with some lame excuse to avoid giving me a hand. :fu:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads