1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Try rolling your eye in a semi circular motion from the outside in a bunch of times.

2. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

HR.

I'm in for a promotion. I have to "apply" for a position that was created explicitly for me, with the job description built exactly around my resume.

HR came back to my boss (the one "hiring" me) and informed him that I am not qualified for the position. I am literally the perfect candidate for the position listing, but nope, not qualified. Now I need to re-do my resume just so I can get past the HR goons, so I can be "promoted" to do the same job I'm already doing.

3 people like this.
  3. otc

otc Senior member

I am so damn swamped at work.

This is what we get for going forward with a project that I initially suggested would be impractical and impossible.

4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

You need to think proactively and leverage this "issue" into an opportunity.

5. L'Incandescent

The right pocket of the jeans I'm wearing is broken. That means I have to carry my keys in my back pocket like women do. (Cellular telephone goes in left pocket hey I know some of you will give me the berries for that but "diz wha diz" as they say.)

6. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

Indirectly borrowed a car. I went to take a final and the anti theft system decided to activate during that time. It's been 40 min...I'm cooking in Texas heat.

:fu:

7. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

One of the best things about styleforvm is I learn so much about women that I never knew before.

1 person likes this.
  8. eduardo14

eduardo14 Well-Known Member

I've always had my phone in my left pocket..what's wrong with that?

9. L'Incandescent

I think many of the superstars of Styleforum will tell you that having a phone in your pocket ruins the silhouette of your pantas.

I should add that I have a ridiculous number of keys on my key ring to where I look like a janitor. It's a lot better to have that many keys in a front pocket, no two ways about it.

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  10. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Is that a ring of keys in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

1 person likes this.
  11. L'Incandescent

Just happy to see you hehehe!

12. L'Incandescent

Okay maybe I got misogyny or something but I hate the names of lots of women's garments to where I will not even pronounce them using my voice. (I do sometimes pronounce them silently in my mind.) I am talking about words like blouse, panty, bra, and teddy. Today I was reminded of another such word that I don't like it is cami. What kind of ridiculous word is that give me a break!

13. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

and the lord hath struck you with his might, and it hath hit your eye.

2 people like this.
  14. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Today is the day where I have to deal with my sister for the first time in 5+ years.

15. L'Incandescent

16. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Thanks, I'm not looking forward to it, to say the least.

17. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

greet her with a tight hug. and whisper to her you missed her. and sprinkle some fake tears before you do.

18. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Replace hug with stabbing and miss with kill, we are about there.

19. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

how about giving her a tight hug, then whisper something weird and creepy like "they're here. they already got to conne. watch out"

1 person likes this.
  20. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Fucking Royal Mail and fuck Australia Post for that matter been waiting on a package from England since 30 April and still not here :brick:

And did anyone tell me that the Belgium beer they serve at a local pub is 12% no they did not 'oh thats why we only put in 300ml glasses' thank you.