1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

then buy new furniture when you get there.

2. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

The only sour candy worth eating

[​IMG]

3. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

Facebook.

(Piob is laughing now.)

Seriously, Facebook is fucking shit. Complete shit. When the world is in a post-apocalyptic shambles and the remaining scraps of humanity are trying to rebuild some sense of a social order, the turning point in our species' demise will have been Facebook.

It is a haven for sanctimony, self-congratulation, and self-delusion (and its reinforcement). It is a platform for profoundly thoughtless political statements (and their mindless reinforcement). It promotes artificial, falsified, impersonal interaction at the expense of genuine, honest, actual personal interaction.

It is the antisocial network.

Fuck you, Facebook. Fuck you.

(Piob is rolling on the floor now)

4 people like this.
  4. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Only old people use Facebook.

5. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

Oh, and Tommy Fucking Hunter.

6. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

Also, many of the people I work with.

7. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

my personal favorite is when my female friends on Facebook link articles from Jezabel that usually read like: "Solange, probably had a good reason to attack Jay-Z" and the linked article turn into youtube comment decay (someone will snark with - "Chris Brown probably had a good reason too..." then a female will post "chris brown is a stronger man" another female: "just because he's a man doesn't mean women can't be stronger"..) ect ect

1 person likes this.
  8. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

If the woman is stronger than the man should not do nothing that get's her so pissed to where she attacks!

9. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

I am merely a Gold Medallion but I still get upgraded frequently (even on partners) and if you write to their customer care people you'll get tremendous help--as I have discovered. Anyway, it doesn't really make much sense for me to go with anything other than Delta but I do split flights with United. Anyway, Delta really isn't that bad.

10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Well, it's only slightly more expensive than the furniture I own. I just don't want to buy and assemble IKEA furniture again (and nope, I will not be shelling coin for more expensive furniture when I know I'll be moving again within a year or so).
    I love war heads, but the sour doesn't last long enough. I used to get the sour spray, which was awesome. Cry Baby bubble gum is great as well!

11. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I just bought a 240 count tub of Warheads to add to my growing office candy collection. Something chocolate is next, I think.

[​IMG]

12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

13. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Cry Babies are good but Warheads were so valuable as a trading chip at snack time. Obviously they weren't on the same plane as Twinkies or Hostess Cupcakes but they were close if you had them in quantity.

14. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Little Debbie's Swiss Cake Rolls rocks the fat ass. I haven't had one in 15 years.

1 person likes this.
  15. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukebailey/how-embarrassingly-corporate-are-you

You use 41 out of 49 these embarassing bits of office-speak!

You are very corporate. At the point, it must be a little awkward for everyone around you, and you might want to consider mixing your language up a bit. At the moment, you are the purest example of office-speak in existence.

:slayer:

16. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

Uggh, Buzzfeed quizzes...

However, wouldn't using stupid phrases like those keep you from advancing in the corporate world? Or I guess keep you held down as being the office bottom, always willing to take it.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  17. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

They didn't include "add value." I'm deeply disappointed.

1 person likes this.
  18. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Hoot-n-Hollr has been making cis-normative posts and then deleting them out of existence (after the fact). I sent him a PM saying "C'mon you are better than that" and he replied by saying "Nope, I do have cis-normative views, but no one will ever be able to prove it by preponderance of the evidence haw haw haw!" Then he deleted the PMs out of existence, to where I don't have them anymore.

1 person likes this.
  19. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Sometimes I want to live in L'incadescent's reality.

3 people like this.
  20. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Like otc?

1 person likes this.