1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. sonick

sonick Senior member

I didn't know there was still an apple product that had a removable battery

2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

It is my mouse that gives me troubles of battery removal. (If I don't put AA batteries in it, it gets all like "Low Battery ain't gonna keep working less you put in some new ones!")

3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Going to the bathroom and unexpectedly sneezing midstream produces some rather unpleasant results

4. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Poor dude must have been caught off-guard by the sudden jerking movement of your penor!

5. js4design

js4design Senior member

I had my ignition replaced as part of the GM recall, and now 75% of the time the key cannot be removed from the car when I turn it off. Finally figured out that I have to through it in and out of park to trip the ignition to release the key.

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  6. eduardo14

eduardo14 Well-Known Member

Not really..he couldn't beat my comcast deal..so he had a chance

7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

The value of being a top tier frequent flier with Delta continues to diminish, even as the difficulty and expense of maintaining such status go in the opposite direction. Next year I think I'll be in the hunt for a different airline loyalty program

8. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I just got back my camera from a warranty repair (a tiny knob that holds the battery in broke and was replaced), and now the SD card is stuck. :fu:

I did the stupid thing and finally got the SD card out (and broke it in the process), and then stupidly stuck another SD card in the slot which got stuck again confirming that it was the camera's SD card spring/slot/mechanism that is broken. :brick:

I guess buying that extended warranty paid off. Still it took over a month to switch out a tiny little battery knob, and I've got some vacations coming up where I want to bring this camera.

9. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

thanks, T and Z.... and I'm sorry to hear that Z- let me know when your dad's coming over maybe I can do you a favor :)

update:
    I did invite them, and they showed up. it was a non-event, and they and my in-laws chatted for a while and after an hour they left. I hope they don't think this is in any way a sign from me that I'm okay with them. I have accepted the fact that I have to co-exist with them, but to go beyond that... no, thanks.

how I wish this is true in all cases, meng... but fact is things happen that are either so bad, or that it happened so long, or that people (including family members) can be really awful people, that the damage can be irreparable.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. Chopper88

Chopper88 Senior member

Sharp [​IMG], his wife can be a pain sometimes... On the bright side, still quiet so far today [​IMG]

11. Chopper88

Chopper88 Senior member

This just made my day [​IMG]

But really, it must suck to have such memories come up as your earliest memories.. Thumbs up for not going with that mindset. When I was in middle school, I had some of these brainwashed kids in class who stubbornly went with the flow. To this day, they still believe dinosaur bones are planted by evil people to mess with 'us', because the earth is only a couple of thousand years old... Can imagine what it would be like having such parents (or at least one of them) when I saw all the stuff happening around me.

12. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Eating leftover pasta salad from Thursday was a bad idea. :fu:

13. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I have a knot in my glute. Fuck this chair.

14. L'Incandescent

Betimes I type in the first letters of the web address at a pace of super fast and then press enter (return). My web browser cannot keep up with my super speed of typing, and so I end up going to visit Ofrey Winfrey's website or something like that.

1 person likes this.
  15. L'Incandescent

For a man of lactose intolerance, I eat a ridiculous amount of dairy meals. I think it causes my stomach to expand outwards.

16. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I thought unconditional tolerance was required of people in academialia these days.

3 people like this.
  17. js4design

js4design Senior member

My wife got it in her head that she needed to change her hair and wanted to get highlights. She showed me the picture and I said "I like your hair now and I don't really care for that."
    So she went on Saturday and had it done anyway and I did my best job of saying it looked great, despite having the same opinion I had 3 days ago. She asked me today about it again, and I brought up that I liked it but I was worried it might not be best for interviewing, which is what she plans to be doing in the near future. And it went about like you would expect it to go. Very frustrating because she is not someone who normally plays these games of trying to drag out my real opinion and then holding it against me.

18. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I hate it when I think of a semi-famous event that happened in real life that would serve perfectly as an analogy in a post I'm about to make on Styleforvm, and then I go to look up the incident up online to make sure I have the details right and it turns out I apparently imagined the whole thing.

Last edited: May 12, 2014
    2 people like this.
  19. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Delta is terrible… as are all US airlines.

20. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I don't know, are non-U.S. airlines any better when it comes to FF programs? I'm a member of several. It doesn't seem like they're particularly better deals than U.S. legacy carriers, although I haven't paid that much attention to the details because I'm most heavily vested in the UA, AA, and DL programs.

Good luck, HRoi, but I think you're going to need it. The big U.S. carriers are pretty much all doing the same thing - once somebody makes the first move, the others feel it's safe to follow suit (and wasteful not to do so). I'm not sure you're going to find another program that's a whole lot better (although I'd be happy to be proven wrong.)