1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

cars are my enduring vice. it's embarrassing how much of my money i spend on them

2 people like this.
  2. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

A day in the life of the aciddrunk!

3. MrG

MrG Senior member

Your fancy furriner cars are great and all with their insertions and love buttons, but get back to me when they let you commute like this:

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  4. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

HB's jeep would be exactly like that if he takes off the door

6. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

He's gonna kick a dude in the head taking a selfie.

4 people like this.
  7. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

I'd watch that gif/Vine

8. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

I'm sorry brah, but I have never gotten this.

Every time I see someone driving one of these like this all I can think of is "what a douche."

I am aware however that it is an integral part of your culture so I will try not to microaggress.

9. patrickBOOTH

I like the four door jeeps. They look nice. There's a guy in my neighborhood that has one where the whole thing is made from that weird non-stick like coating with these insanely thick tires. It looks like a military vehicle.

10. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

I pass by one while walking to my softball games. They are aggressive looking and I can't help but think the guy who drives it is probably a HUGE extreme sports doucher who doesn't actually do anything outside of snowboard on the regular trails and is afraid of the terrain park.

11. patrickBOOTH

I'd drive one, and I am the opposite of the guy you state.

12. MrG

MrG Senior member

I kind of like the four-door Jeeps, too. It's even crossed my mind to get one as a DD. I don't think I ever will, though. I'm not a fan of that model generation, and I'm not convinced I want to own two Jeeps.

Mine is fully rigged out, mostly so I can go explore remote places, though I don't have a cool paint job. If you actually use your Jeep as a Jeep, all you'd do is tear it up, anyway.

Please check your my-car-protects-me-from-the-elements privilege.

Do you generally enjoy driving with the windows down and such? I really do, and I do so whenever possible. Driving like this is the extreme version of that. I can't really articulate why I like it (you're not the first to wonder why I do it), so I've never really found a way to explain it to people who don't care for it. FWIW, it's not some sort of statement; I just think it's fun.

I rest my foot on the door jam because Jeeps are very narrow. With the door on, my knee rests against it, so with the door off it's more comfortable to prop my foot (and it looks less like I'm trying to show other motorists my fruit basket).

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  13. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

my cousin had a jeep like that. if barely a jeep like that, i think it was mostly just an engine, a transmission, one or two seats, and something that loosely resembled a car body.

1 person likes this.
  14. MrG

MrG Senior member

Yup. That sounds about right. Mine isn't that stripped down, but as long as it runs reliably, I don't care if it's Spartan and sort of beat. It's basically a big toy that lets me ride in the open air and get away from everything.

1 person likes this.
  15. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Driving with the doors off is awesome. And I do the same thing with my foot.

I'm not a fan of the JK models. Also I don't think the 4 door is available with a manual tranny.

Edit - and I ride a motorcycle too so top-down doors-off is about as close as a car can come to that experience, and I don't have to wear a helmet in the jeep.

16. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

I'm halfway kidding. I think I could understand the appeal. The problem is that it has developed a real following amongst a pretty douchey group of people. Almost anyone here driving one of those is a high school or college-aged l lacrosse player with the Baltimore private school mullet and some slacker ballcap on having bought it with his parents' money.

In that way, it's much like this forum. Not an inherently terrible thing to like clothes; it's the people that are the problem.

Honestly, I do like the idea of convertibles, but the biggest problem I have with them is that they'd really only be comfortable in a very narrow set of circumstances. If I lived in California, I think I would do it, but here in MD where the weather is so muggy all summer it'd be uncomfortable driving it to and from work; there's only a month or two in spring and then a few weeks in fall where it would be worth it. Then I'd also have to listen to my wife complaining about her hair, and there's the skin cancer too. (not for me, but mostly her; she definitely has the carcinoma complexion.)

So, yeah, I get the appeal at least a little. Just not worth the trade-off for me. In the south I'd think it would be even worse, but if you wear shorts and t-shirts a lot in summer (I don't, ever) I guess that extends the season.

1 person likes this.
  17. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I bet you could tear up a gravel driveway something fierce in that Jeep.

:laugh:

3 people like this.
  18. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Jeeps are the best vehicles known to man.

2 people like this.
  19. patrickBOOTH

I remember being in my father's car and we were behind some Jeep that had that sticker on the back that said, "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand." He just out of nowhere says, "It's an asshole thing, you wouldn't understand." Then we kissed.

1 person likes this.
  20. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

:rotflmao:

I always laugh; the Jeep Wrangler is consistently rated as the absolute worst car by Consumer Reports.