• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Yeah I considered adding life insurance and it saves me a whopping 60 bucks a year on car insurance through the bundling discount.

A million in term life insurance will cost me 60 a month.. Considering I don't have kids, a mortgage, or wife, probably going to pass.
Seriously.

Turns out OTC is correct. I called them up and they said the liability gets split between the two cars.

Now I'm seriously considering buying an old ass civic or something off of Craigslist.

Are registration fees for a cheap car low enough that they don't cancel out your savings? It would be hilarious if they split the liability 50-50 if one was DNO, but perhaps their formula isn't sophisticated enough to account for that.

By the way, good catch OTC.

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Are registration fees for a cheap car low enough that they don't cancel out your savings? It would be hilarious if they split the liability 50-50 if one was DNO, but perhaps their formula isn't sophisticated enough to account for that.

By the way, good catch OTC.

Well, I'd have to pay 6.25% in tax and a small registration fee, but I've considered having another small car with decent gas mileage anyway, so this whole cheaper insurance thing is just another factor to consider.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If I hear one more plebe order an "expresso"...:fu:

I can understand people not knowing the pronunciation when the product first became common in the US. "Expresso" is much more natural for a native speaker of American English, I'd assume. But the product has been widely available for quite a while now.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fawking plebs man, fawking plebs

Who is the pleb here?

The guy who is considering buying another car for the insurance discount
or
The guy who is complaining about the price of a car key?

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who said I was buying a car for the insurance discount? Insurance...wtf is that...family comps that ****.

Sure, call me a pleb for not wanting to pay 400 USD for a key. Ill take that.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Who is the pleb here?

The guy who is considering buying another car for the insurance discount
or
The guy who is complaining about the price of a car key?

I vote both.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I can understand people not knowing the pronunciation when the product first became common in the US. "Expresso" is much more natural for a native speaker of American English, I'd assume. But the product has been widely available for quite a while now.

I become violent towards anyone that says exspecially.

Last edited:

riotior

Reaction score

speak to the professor in person about specifically what your concern is. Don't send an email only asking for partial credit. If you do send an email please ask to speak to the professor face to face about the exam, but not some rambling thing with your whole explanation. don't boast/complain to your friends/classmates if you do/don't get partial credit

I always asked for partial credit on things where I thought I could get it. I had the mentality to scratch and claw for any extra/deserved/sometime not really deserved extra points. In med school there would often be an exam review where the students could argue their side if a specific question had more than one correct answer, the question was ambiguous, or the answer/question was plain wrong. From there the prof could decide to either strike the question from the whole exam, or just award a correct point.
I got a B+. I ended up not emailing him, but now I want to even more. Like, "I don't know why you did it, but thanks for being a bro, bro." I didn't go to a single class a single time. My only interaction with the prof was to email him about office hours one day and then not show up.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I got a B+. I ended up not emailing him, but now I want to even more. Like, "I don't know why you did it, but thanks for being a bro, bro." I didn't go to a single class a single time. My only interaction with the prof was to email him about office hours one day and then not show up.

Why doesn't this surprise me?

I wonder how L'Inc would feel about it now.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Buying a new VW key

I was missing my keys for half of yesterday and was thinking I would have to shell out a shitload of money for a new car key. I ended up finding them in the fridge in a plastic bag of spinach :confused:

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm expecting to have to shell some coin for my spare key. It doesn't work.

Hopefully it's just the battery that's dead.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads