1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. ImTheGroom

ImTheGroom Senior member

This is how my mother is with moving. When we moved from Ontario to BC abut 20 years ago, everything was not only labelled with its contents, and to which room it was going, with a computer printed Avery label, which was fancy for that day and age, but also colour coded with a round sticker. Each room had a colour, and, this is the best part, helium balloons of that colour taped to the wall beside its door. It turns out to have been too well organized, since the movers decided to give up on it, and just put things wherever - though they also scratched, broke, and lost things, so maybe they just sucked. For the next move, there were no balloons, and their destinations were only labelled as downstairs, upstairs, or garage. As I recall, this met with more success.

2. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Tru dat!

When my friends helped me the last time, we really started boozing after we got everything upstairs. I had about 90% of the things ready to go so it really worked out.

3. the_sulks

the_sulks Senior member

Yes. Unfortunately I'm going to have to do it soon in a couple of months. Just hate it. :)

4. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

Best money I've ever spent. Turns a godawful/ stressful time into something exciting!

5. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I love all the idiots on Craigslist who make a point to say that they will leave an ad up until the item is gone and to " please not contact them asking if it's still available," then completely fail to take the ad down once it's sold.

1 person likes this.
  6. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Work paid for my last move. We didn't even have to pack our stuff, they just showed up and boxed everything up, out onto the truck, and *whoosh* away it goes.

Only downside, I ended up never going through all our crap and throwing out anything. Just unpacked it all in our new place.

1 person likes this.
  7. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

WTF I am the best one suited to be a desirable contact in the zombie apocalypse!!!

8. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Don't forget to take me in the fallout shelter. I've been bitten but since I haven't turned in a few hours, I think I'm good.

9. wojt

wojt Senior member

I am not sure a fallout shelter would be the best place to hide from zombies. A cabin in the mountains could be preferable.

10. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

You'll last all of give minutes. Other than blowjobs what can you provide?

11. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

That must have been nice! I had a room mate who got the same treatment. Made me realize (much like in any other pursuit) how much more efficient the pros are than us laypeople. I mean I might move a dozen times in my life, but those people move a dozen times a month!

12. MrG

MrG Senior member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home

Ed is correct. It's completely accurate. Stitch, and hall monitors in general, can't delete posts. They hide the posts, and then that's reviewed by a mod. I don't know the specific instance you're referencing, but his ability to cover his tracks is moderated directly.

Ahem.

13. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

It was unbelievable. They packed all our stuff, hauled it outside in 90F Georgia heat, loaded it up on the truck in less time than it would have taken us just to get the stuff downstairs.

Even had these sweet wardrobe boxes with a rod in them. Better believe I saved those for my next move.

14. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

My workday has now finished, but I am still in my officezone on account of listening to Shrinking Violet (L.A. Guns) on the Spotify can't break the momentum of listen.

1 person likes this.
  15. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

I hate parties where everyone is high and boring. Like the party I'm at right now. A buddy is getting played hard too--oh well, his fault. Dude dropped $250 on some girl with a boyfriend. Wtf? How fucking dumb is this shit.

1 person likes this.
  16. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

If everyone is high and boring you're doing the wrong drugs.

1 person likes this.
  17. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

What a chump. You drop $250 on puss if your chance of slaying tang is 80/20 or greater. Dumbass.

#ConnePussLord

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    2 people like this.
  18. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

+1. Drink two bottles of wine and go skiing if you want to have a good time. Kids these days...

19. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I was never invited to any parties in HS or uni :(

20. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

I would prefer skiing to a party almost any day… though sometimes the parties I've been to involve skiing. :smarmy: