• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
don't set the world record for most quickly repossessed M5

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah I'm pretty sure this is just the initial adjustment period, now that I think about it. But naturally I always assume the worse.
BTW, text me, I forgot to save your number! :inlove:

naturally.

will do! :blush:

How bad would it be if I quit my job without another one lined up?

ummm, unless you are so miserable that you cant function, no i would say not to.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just got out of work. Parking garage closed so I can't drive back to my parents place.

All hotels I've checked sold out for the night.

Ummm.. Brb gonna go jump out a window.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Sucks or is awesome? I vote awesome.

drinking on empty stomach sucks for me... though being azn it is quite unheard of to drink without any food in front of you

Last edited:

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

CalTex's DMV visits are more interesting to the SF populace.

Please try to do better.

There were actually two really trashy and whorish girls there I was sneaking a peak at. I also realized CalTex would've attempted a surreptitious snap. When I declined to do so, I felt better knowing I am not as creepy as he.

So I get up there for my new license, have my expired license, W-2 and my passport. I need one more piece of ID before they can give me a real license. I was like "come on, no one is going to try to pretend to be me--oh wait, never mind." Anyway I have to go back within four months. Also, I realized I've been to the DMV at least once every year for four years in a row now. Awesome.

I will say this, I honestly feel sorry for people who have bad experiences at the DMV. While there are many other things I would rather do it isn't painful in Georgia. I go to the biggest and busiest one in the state and it always takes less than an hour. They workers are courteous, competent and efficient. The biggest delay is because there are usually a ton of people there and this is something I would hope they are thorough with.

Only one way to find out.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've only been to the DMV once that I recall in ~10 years, and it was when I moved to Georgia. My experience really wasn't bad at all, we were in and out in probably 20 minutes, but I assumed this was because it was basically at a shack a few miles outside of Athens. Seriously, I don't know who chose that spot for the Athens-area DMV, but it was fantastically country. They even let me keep my baseball cap on for the picture.

Bad. Really bad. Searching for a job is hard enough in this economy, especially for a young person; quitting your current job would just compound the agony.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've only been to the DMV once that I recall in ~10 years, and it was when I moved to Georgia. My experience really wasn't bad at all, we were in and out in probably 20 minutes, but I assumed this was because it was basically at a shack a few miles outside of Athens. Seriously, I don't know who chose that spot for the Athens-area DMV, but it was fantastically country. They even let me keep my baseball cap on for the picture.

this might be the best DMV story all time. but if you ever get pulled over out of state and shoe a DL with a hat on, they might think its fake. :p

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Zooey Deschanel.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

this might be the best DMV story all time. but if you ever get pulled over out of state and shoe a DL with a hat on, they might think its fake. :p

I've actually thought about that. I get a fair number of comments on it, but, thus far, no one has flat-out rejected it.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My grandma passed away last night. We knew this was coming but it still hurts. When I got the news this morning I felt guilty because I didn't really feel anything but now it's hitting me. It's strange because I felt sort of relief for her since she had been in pretty bad shape for a while and living alone as a widow with 24 hour nurses. She didn't have much quality of life, was lonely and sad. I'm not glad she died but I am glad she doesn't have to suffer any more.

The worst part is this is my dad's mom and my dad passed away a few years ago. I am really unsure what me and my brother should be doing in my dad's place. We've reached out to my dad's two siblings to offer assistance but they are sort of distant and didn't say much and I'm not sure where to go from here. :(

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so sorry to hear of your loss gort. I would just be there for your old man. What you need to do will become evident.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your loss, Gort.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics