• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The sun. It radiates light and energy toward us during the day. This in turn increases the ambient temperature.

From this post alone I can tell that you don't understand the sun and its ways.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my wife wants another dog. pretty soon she's going to want to start having children.

I actually have wanted kids since the beginning of our marriage. I get bummed out/jealous when I see my friends with kids they had in their early 20s that are almost grown up and out of the house all by their early 40s or even late 30's. I'd like to think that I have a say in it, but its always going to be her call.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

link to post?
At least in the beginning, that was part of the agreement. Groupon had a minimum but not a maximum. The theory being that X number of people needed to buy it before the deal went live. If the restaurant thought they needed at least 100 people to make the volume discount worth it and they only sold 80 groupons, then everybody got their money back and nobody got a coupon. Companies didn't set a max, it was just however many groupon could get sold in 24 hours. It was expected that you could meed the capacity that sold.

Of course they grew to be pretty big and now its unheard of for a deal to not sell enough to go live. You've got millions of people looking at buying dinner at a cute little Mediterranean restaurant with 15 tables. I remember the company that became groupon (either that or a really early imitator) back in 2008 or so...back then it was questionable if deals would actually go live. I think the first one I bought actually got cancelled because not enough people purchased it.

Yeah, but nowadays they obviously set a maximum (since there's limited supply and possibly hundreds of thousands of customers). And when Groupon ***** this simple task up on a regular basis, it's just bad. Especially given their huge margins.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ooof, control modules for washing machines are stupid expensive. If this fits your model it's $180.00. Unless you're willing to do it yourself you're looking at over $400 to have some guy come in and fix it. Sadly, it might be time for a new one.

http://www.mrappliance.com.au/epages/shop.sf/en_AU/?ObjectPath=/Shops/mrappliance/Products/420690NZP

EDIT - Although if you're comfortable with some soldering you might be able to fix it for less than a sawbuck.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-repair-a-Fisher-Paykel-Washing-Machine/#intro

Thanks you've made my day. :paranoia:

Soldering is not an art I perfected in life, but then the wife is the mechanic in the family but I think that is beyond her skill set. Maybe time to get a new machine. :cloud:

Last edited:

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

It's kind of a commentary on how fucked up the world is now. My brother and I used to disappear for hours every afternoon without telling anyone what we were doing or where we were going, and the only thing my mom got agitated about was whether we disappeared before homework was done or came home before dark

This, 100%. My parents and sister and I were talking about ADHD recently and how diagnosis are becoming so frequent its an "epidemic." My sister said that my nephew only has recess once a day and gym class once a week. If the weather is bad, they don't even get recesa, they sit in the classroom and play heads up seven up. When I was a kid, 3 recesses a day and gym 3 days a week. If you take 7 year old kids and put them in a room and say "sit for basically 8 hrs straight" of COURSE they're going to have behavioral problems.

Then I mentioned that it isn't even only at school. Parents these days are so afraid to let their kids out of sight. And no blame here on the parents, I think they're 100% right to be scared, as sad as it is. But the "bye mom I'm gonna ride my bike and get into unsupervised hijinks with the neighborhood kids" "oh okay honey make sure you're home by dark" days of my childhood are over. No physical outlet for energy at school + no physical outlet for energy at home = pent up energy. It's understandable.

Btw, stitch, very glad the kids are okay. Couldnt evenIimagine the feeling.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
My stomach is being very noisy and I have a meeting in five minutes. Nothing worse than gut rumbles everyone can hear. I need to eat lunch tomorrow.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or has Google's search function declined in the past few years? 10 years ago, I could google what I was looking for and expect it to be in the first few entries. Now I seem to have to scroll through pages of irrelevant stuff to find what I'm looking for. Its especially noticeable with image searches.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it just me, or has Google's search function declined in the past few years? 10 years ago, I could google what I was looking for and expect it to be in the first few entries. Now I seem to have to scroll through pages of irrelevant stuff to find what I'm looking for. Its especially noticeable with image searches.

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/1836348_700b.jpg might help, if you didn't know some of it (I for sure did not).

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My stomach is being very noisy and I have a meeting in five minutes. Nothing worse than gut rumbles everyone can hear. I need to eat lunch tomorrow.

that was the chair creaking, I swear!

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

When I was a kid, 3 recesses a day.

How does that work? We had 1 after lunch.

Recently the iphone text to speech has taken a nose dive and I can't explain it.

I messaged someone recently "I'm dressed in red" and it came out "I'm inbred". Please lineup for the :rimshot:

Last edited:

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
One midmorning, 10 or so, one at 1230 after lunch, and one at 230.
Each was only 20 minutes.
When I went to 5th grade they switched to one half hour recess midmorning and one half hour recess mid afternoon.
But it might explain why people from Indiana understand sports more than math.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

One midmorning, 10 or so, one at 1230 after lunch, and one at 230.
Each was only 20 minutes.
When I went to 5th grade they switched to one half hour recess midmorning and one half hour recess mid afternoon.
But it might explain why people from Indiana understand sports more than math.

Its not a bad idea actually.

Schools need to make the start time for JR High and HS later. These kids are the walking dead at these hours. My older can't even wake up with an alarm blaring that wakes me instantly. All the science supports it but nope... its come up for a vote a dozen times in my district.

Last edited:

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Things that are pissing me off on Ebay.

1) Sellers that always include cheesy lines like "EXQUISITE LUXURY SUIT" in the title, even though it's some poly-blend fusejob from Mens Wearhouse.

2) People calling their Lauren, Ralph, etc. suits/coats for "POLO RALPH LAUREN" in the title, and that's it. Seems like over 50% of "Polo Ralph Lauren" suits and coats are just Lauren and Ralph stuff.

3) Having to scroll through the mountains of dated clothings at laughable prices. Oh, you want 300$ for your "Luxurious" 1986 Armani suit"?

4) Sellers that never include any measurements what-so-ever.

5) 42L trousers (and the like) hemmed at 29"?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads