1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

a sort of friend, more like the husband of a friend of my wife, whose kids and my kids play together, has asked to borrow my car. he and his wife have decided to try to be a one car family, but he makes good money (he is an accountant with 20 years work expereince) and he knows that I travel for work. so he asked me to borrow the car last time I was out of the country, and I agreed. now he has asked again. I really don't want to lend it to him, but I am going to come off an asshole now. fucker.
    I firmly believe that one should neither borrow nor lend. Unless there is some sort of emergency or dire situation, I would say no.

2. onion

onion Senior member

GT,

Tell him its up for an oil change and tune up, and insist that he brings it in while you're out.

What if he says "Ok, sounds great. Just give me the cash for that and I'll take it to the shop tomorrow"? Then you'll sound like an asshole if you don't give him the money, and you still have to let him borrow the car.

I'd go with:

"I would but the starter hasnt been working lately and Im taking it to the shop when I get back."

Or something major along those lines. Or say you're lending it to a family member, and just park it in the garage (if you have one).

3. randallr

randallr Senior member

Beer snobs piss me off. Why do you care what other people choose to drink?

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Beer snobs piss me off. Why do you care what other people choose to drink?
    Can't you dip into your uncle's fund to afford something better than Bud Light with Lime?

5. macmed

macmed Member

me hang out - till night - my girl calling all the time - and now she is angry..
    great..

6. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

Borrow like "hey, I need to go pick up this picture frame on Friday and it doesnt fit in X's car. Can I borrow your's for a few hours?"

or "Since you are going to be out of town, can I use your car for everything from work to going to get milk?"

K

the later - basically, since you'll be out of town, and we have one car, can we borrow yours?

and, yes, I thought about giving him a list olf chores to do, but then thought that that would establish a relationship of give and take.

7. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

speeding... in every other country i would have been fine(d).. unfortunately we work with probation periods after previous transgressions.. I still had about a year to go on the previous one, and got caught yesterday.

Ok, that sucks, but not as bad as it could have been.

Still, sorry to hear it.

K

8. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

No, tell him he is not insured for your car (which is true) and you worry about what could potentially happen, both to your car, and if he gets pulled over he gets a fat fine for driving uninsured.

9. m a x

m a x Member

the actual wether in germany

10. connor

connor Senior member

shut the fuck up

11. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Senior member

the actual wether in germany
    Sunny and warm the whole day today. You might live in the wrong part of Germany [​IMG]

12. redcaimen

redcaimen Senior member

Daniel Brou's callous treatment of Pascualtoso really bothers me. The guy sounds like a total uncaring ass.

13. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

I have to hang a large corkboard at work and have no idea how to do it without bringing in a drill and screws.

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I have to hang a large corkboard at work and have no idea how to do it without bringing in a drill and screws.
    Heavy duty double sided tape or velcro. Also, if you are feeling like taking out your rage, you can try and hammer nails into a stud. I would not recommend it though.

15. Alter

Alter Senior member

^ Double post, Babe.

16. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

a sort of friend, more like the husband of a friend of my wife, whose kids and my kids play together, has asked to borrow my car. he and his wife have decided to try to be a one car family, but he makes good money (he is an accountant with 20 years work expereince) and he knows that I travel for work. so he asked me to borrow the car last time I was out of the country, and I agreed. now he has asked again. I really don't want to lend it to him, but I am going to come off an asshole now. fucker.

so this fuckers wife now asked my wife to borrow our GSP for their vacation - a GPS goes for less than 200 bucks, buy your fucking own. this is a family that blows at least $2500 a year on cubs tickets. anyway, we said no, and basically are in the process of easing out of our "friendship" with them. fuckers.

17. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

^^^Very good move on your part IMO. I don't understand how some people seem to have no problem whatsoever imposing upon others.

18. shellshock

shellshock Senior member

some shit on my credit report saying i'm in collections cus i owe a company THREE DOLLARS [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

I hate computers some days. A driver for my Sansa Fuze is corrupt, so Windows won't recognize it. So now I have to figure out how to fucking solve the problem. Like I have a fucking clue.

b

20. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

My HBO just died. It's just a grey screen now. Thankfully True Blood was finished, but if it doesn't come back i'm gonna miss entourage.