• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^^ Did you leave a tip (gratuity)?

I actually did. he was nice and we had a nice conversation, we actually have a couple of mutual friends. I figured that I honestly should have been much clearer in terms of what I wanted from him, and I told him at the end what I wanted next time, if I go back.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As cool as that looks, I'm barely cut out for Drottkvaett. I can't even get my head around the agglutinative grammar in turkic languages, let alone how to make the meters work. I'm also a (bad) linguist, not a poet, so we'll leave that to incandescent.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

As cool as that looks, I'm barely cut out for Drottkvaett. I can't even get my head around the agglutinative grammar in turkic languages, let alone how to make the meters work. I'm also a (bad) linguist, not a poet, so we'll leave that to incandescent.

Perhaps I was harsh :satisfied:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Also, around this time last year I got one of those "Zegna cloth" suits at Saks Off 5th for around 400 I think and it looks pretty decent.

i dont have any, but i have steered my brothers to buy 4 of them. they look really nice, and they have been able to get them for as low as 250 when there is a great sale going on.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
listening to pompus people half my age using idiotic phrases like, 'no, you don't understand..blah blah.....' or 'you need to blah blah.....'

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

listening to pompus people half my age using idiotic phrases like, 'no, you don't understand..blah blah.....' or 'you need to blah blah.....'

"Let me be clear..."

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"Think about it." It drives me nuts when people say this, as it presupposes that I have not thought about it, and that if I had bothered to think about it, of course I would agree.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

"Think about it." It drives me nuts when people say this, as it presupposes that I have not thought about it, and that if I had bothered to think about it, of course I would agree.

I hate when people, particularly subordinates, finish with, "Does that make sense?" It is usually used when something actually does not make sense, the story is incomplete, etc.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I hate when people, particularly subordinates, finish with, "Does that make sense?" It is usually used when something actually does not make sense, the story is incomplete, etc.

In know, right? Stream of consciousness commentary to one's supervisor isn't usually a plus to one's career. Save it for ur blog mang.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads