Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

No you don't.

Yes I do, don't tell me otherwise.

2. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

The thing about required curricula isn't a dissatisfaction with learning -- probably my longest lived joy, after food -- but that it can keep you from engaging topics for which you have passion. Between schedules and load limits it's easy to miss out on deepening knowledge for something you really love, it's easy to miss out on intellectual exploration, it's easy to miss out on the fun that is the product and process of learning.

Yeah, but that's just life. There are only 24 hours in a day. And remember, I used to advise students all the time. Distribution requirements are not so onerous or strict that they cannot be met such that over the course of four years you're only "stuck" in one or two classes you really don't want to be in.

Case in point from my experience: you must take one math/quant class (and two sci (or two math, one sci). You're choices include anything in the math dept, anything in computer science (including intro to computing ie. how to use MS Word, etc.), music theory, and logic.

Sure you may prefer a literature course, but you have to do those anyway. So you take 10 lit courses instead of 11? Not a huge loss.

b

3. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Why can't people figure out the proper usage of alumnus/alumna/alumni/alumnae? It's just not that fucking hard.

b

4. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

Why can't people figure out the proper usage of alumnus/alumna/alumni/alumnae? It's just not that fucking hard.

b

Doesn't alumni work for everything?[​IMG]

5. chiral

chiral Senior member

On monday I catastrophically fractured my ankle in three places while biking. Now I have to lie in bed with my foot elevated for a week and a half while the swelling goes down so they can operate and install titanium plates and pins to allow me to walk again. Eventually.

6. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

On monday I catastrophically fractured my ankle in three places while biking. Now I have to lie in bed with my foot elevated for a week and a half while the swelling goes down so they can operate and install titanium plates and pins to allow me to walk again. Eventually.

A worthy contribution to the thread! Good luck with your recovery.

7. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

I'll shut up about people's grammar now. Good luck with your recovery. I hope it turns out well.

b

8. nootje

nootje Senior member

[email protected] I fucked up.. Planned a full weekend of activities whilst still seeing that my mothers birthday is this same weekend, how I forgot I still dont know... apparently she planned a party and expected me to show up like i did last two years, allthough she didnt call me to tell me she has this party again. (was I supposed to call if she had it again?) Now I know im in the wrong, but why play the guilt card? That sh!t just really pisses me off...

9. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

All the best to you now and after the surgery.

10. Al-Wahid

Al-Wahid Senior member

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/28/ny...l?ref=nyregion

Here's an interesting article about gold digging skanks and the recession. If this recession has one benefit, it is that maybe some of these prissy twats will learn the true price of their sense of entitlement.

11. SField

SField Senior member

Dog shit in paris. Nothing ever fucking changes. I had to pay a little gypsy boy 20 euro to scrape my left Vass clean with a stick.

12. chiral

chiral Senior member

Thanks guys, and now I'm even more pissed off after talking to my surgeon on the phone today.

Apparently some of the breaks are complex, and fragments of bone have torn into my cartilage and ligaments, which will leave me with severe arthritis even if the surgery as planned goes perfectly.

Anyone have any experience with injuries such as this? Its really hard to keep myself from getting discouraged, as I'm only 20 and physical activity is a large part of my job (geology).

13. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

My internet sucks ass. Three hours to download a 1.63 GB movie is retarded. Thankfully we're upgrading soon.

14. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

My internet sucks ass. Three hours to download a 1.63 GB movie is retarded. Thankfully we're upgrading soon.
    That's awful.

15. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

That's awful.

I appreciate the sympathy.