1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I would highly consider doing the same, but it just doesn't add up having an Austin address for my residence while having a Dallas-based position. They'd be like, 'SON U LYIN!' and I'd be like, "yeah.. :embar:"

2. otc

otc Senior member

Maybe you have dual residences...and your job is high-travel anyways.

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

You're a baller; you obviously cannot be expected to have only one residence. You have a party condo in Austin so you can be part of the "scene" as Dallas doesn't have any. That's exactly what the Austin boys will like hearing.

4. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Austin PO Box? The actual submission of resumes and applications and such is done online anyway, right?

5. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

lol I wish

My friend suggested as such and I actually went ahead and applied to get a PO Box. It was only $46 or so for 6 months. But then I did some Google searching and apparently having a PO Box is sketchy enough to recruiters that it can actually serve as an auto-ding.

I think I'm going to stick to keeping my current address on there. The thing is, the positions I'm applying for don't specifically call out 'local candidates only,' but I can't help but imagine that it certainly does play a factor.

Blegh.

As for submissions, I try to network internally and get someone to pass my resume forward instead of just submitting my shit online.

6. zarathustra

zarathustra Senior member

What is your plan to help keep Austin weird?

1 person likes this.
  7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

And you drive an M5 but Uber it just to be ironic. Fucking hipster.

1 person likes this.
  8. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I bought a whole bunch of groceries, to where it took me two trips to bring them all into the homespace. It got me to thinking how I wish I had a wife, since she could have helped me carry the groceries. But soon thereafter I realized that having a wife probably wouldn't have helped, as she would have gone into the homespace straightaway and started watching television programs (no carriage of grocery).

9. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Get a huge dog instead. I'm sure you could train it to carry your groceries

10. L'Incandescent

The dog would probably cause a different set of problems though, such as urinate on the floor or bark. I don't think wives do that, under normal circumstances at least.

11. otc

otc Senior member

And then you would have had to make three trips since she probably bought some food of her own.

12. L'Incandescent

Oh man that is bullshit, but also true. I remember the last time I did domicile with woman things went down exactly as you say.

13. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

You seem like you would have a nice meal selection for your one-night stands.

14. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

It's too late. Austin's lost a lot of its charm, according to many angry Austinites.

If I do end up in Austin, I may have to hide the fact that I lived in Dallas prior... :nodding:

I'm going to print a huge StyleForvm sticker and decal my car with it.

I expect to be handsomely compensated for my advertising.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  15. L'Incandescent

If Björk were my wife, I wouldn't mind her not helping carry the groceries. :inlove:

16. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

in every organization, there's always that asshole
    our high school class, by tradition on our 25th year, is in charge of raising funds (for scholarship and also to help finance another school our alma mater bankrolls for poor, deserving kids) and so I helped our class out. me and my good friend lobbied for a g shock commemorative watch that we arranged with casio and I personally took charge in selling. the idea here was order a limited number of watches, sell it as limited to make it move faster, profit then move on. now some people in the group for whatever fucking reason started saying 'we should order more, since it sells fast and the margin is high' and I told them off and just stick with the plan because its not that easy and I pointed each and every reason I think why its a bad idea. and everytime I say that everyone agrees. then lo and behold this fuckface emails some of the people in our committee saying "we need to discuss this more and I excluded (acidboy) in this email because he might take this the wrong way..." and they all agreed without my knowledge to order more and do other stuff with regards to selling from my otherwise perfect plan. and one of them accidentally sends me their whole correspondence. motherfucker... told them to do whatever they want with the program. this group has a meeting this coming monday and I plan to go there and tell that cumsucking fuck who sent that email what I really think of him (and its not nice)

1 person likes this.
  17. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

But would you mind her making you watch "Dancer in The Dark" on a regular basis?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  18. L'Incandescent

I would just tell her I've Seen it All. She'd understand.

19. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

Sure. Then, she'd start in with her Smith & Wesson.

20. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

You can order custom g-shocks??