• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a depressing text from my mom. Nothing bad happened but it went along the lines of: "Happy Birthday! Why aren't you and [the wife] having kids, buying a house and living in a boring suburb, and sending lots of cash to your poor cousins. I'm severely disappointed in you its like you love your dog more than your family. You're dad and I are going to die soon."

sheesh - thanks for the happy birthday text mom.

the weird part is how I was never a problem child. My other two siblings growing up were so much older than me (8 and 9 years) and had such high strung drama filled high school/college years/adult lives. My parents were old and worn out by the time I came around (I was a "miracle/unexpected" menopausal baby). I have to constantly remind them that I'm the normal one that doesn't need money or isn't in some huge dilemma that needs fixing.

Last edited:

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So much harder to get laid in the military than as a civilian. (under 21 here)

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would've thought that with all those fit, healthy young men around you'd have no problem.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I just got a depressing text from my mom. Nothing bad happened but it went along the lines of: "Happy Birthday! Why aren't you and [the wife] having kids, buying a house and living in a boring suburb, and sending lots of cash to your poor cousins. I'm severely disappointed in you its like you love your dog more than your family. You're dad and I are going to die soon."

the weird part is how I was never a problem child. My other two siblings growing up were so much older than me (8 and 9 years) and had such high strung drama filled high school/college years/adult lives. My parents were old and worn out by the time I came around (I was a "miracle/unexpected" menopausal baby). I have to constantly remind them that I'm the normal one that doesn't need money or isn't in some huge dilemma that needs fixing.

You need to make your mother believe your life is a mess and is only anchored by the love she has for her son. You will find her affections greatly increase.

We are still bummed out this morning concerning the demise of one of our usual haunts. Our neighborhood is at the end of a dead end road with this place just five minutes down the lightly traveled road. The food was solid and last night it was iffy and took 3x longer to come out. It also had a heavy focus on wine, formerly having a master somm and all involved, but the drink specials last night were all beer oriented. I'm probably even more bummed out this morning than I was last night.

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lawrence, I know exactly how you feel. Whenever my mother pressures me to find someone and settle down, I'm like "n-word, please. I got internet Appreciation and Style Forum. Marriage? Ain't nobody got time for that."

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Lawrence, I know exactly how you feel. Whenever my mother pressures me to find someone and settle down, I'm like "n-word, please. I got internet Appreciation and Style Forum. Marriage? Ain't nobody got time for that."

Was she upset when you dumped Jamie?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Who the **** schedules a meeting for 7 AM Saturday morning?

Here's what my next few days look like:

Saturday: meetings at 7 AM, 12 PM and 2 PM

Sunday: 2:45 flight to Denver, rent a car and drive 2 hours to the customer location. Meet with the consulting firm at 8 PM, and again at 6:30 Monday morning.

Monday & Tuesday: marathon sales presentation with 2 dozen customer representatives, 6 from the Big 4 consulting firm that is building the solution, and me (representing the development platform provider).

Not only is it not my customer, it's not even my market, I was asked to cover this deal because of another marathon deal that has everyone tied up already.

The only saving grace is that I look like a total ******* hero.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just hang around by the female barracks smoking on a weekend night. One of the WMs is bound to pick you up.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I feel your pain, Atlas. I hate weekend marathons. I'm pissed I have to do (yet another) charity event tonight at a venue that's nearly an hour drive from the house on St. Paddy party night which means dangerous amateurs will be on the road and the cops who love them. On the good side this is my second last charity thing this season.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You're Jewish. Guilt tripping mom and you're an MD. Better start checking that box on the census, bro.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
good luck Atlas!

I'm really starting to get more cynical these days. I still have great affection for infants, cats, and dogs, and random internet memes, but for now that's about it.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Having to spend an hour on the treadmill first thing Saturday morning.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Having to spend an hour on the treadmill first thing Saturday morning.

Piob, that's the highlight of my day, sometimes. Well, not the treadmill, but the roads.

The new David Bowie album isn't All That. After the breathless anticipation from the UK press and the generally positive reviews (Best Since Scary Monsters!!!) I am just disappoint. I preferred Tin Machine, but at least it's better than Black Tie White Noise, which is a low bar to clear.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Piob, that's the highlight of my day, sometimes. Well, not the treadmill, but the roads.

Well, that's an ongoing piss off. I had hoped to build up to some 5 and 10ks but have given up on the thought of every doing regular running again. The old body rebelled pretty hard around Xmas when I had worked up to jogging. I'm resigned to endless miles of walking at 5 m.p.h. Thank god for Netflix and the new flat screen hanging in front of the treadmill.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Old country catholic guilt. It will never ever go away. Like ever.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads