1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Storm was all ice here. Roads were more or less fine, but the sidewalks are terrifying. No shoveling, but I was seriously worried I was going to die walking to and from my car. One hour delayed start for work, whatever good that does.

2. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

Just received a call from Amex - someone tried to charge about $1k on my plat at Hugo Boss. Apparently Amex knew that I'd never shop there. Will have a new card by 10:30am tomorrow.

3 people like this.
  3. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Whereas if it had been at WvG they would have said, "Guess Mauro got some new fabrics in -- run that puppy through!"

4. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

I did that shit this morning. Now it's just rain right now.

5. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

oh absolutely - that would've sailed through.

what really pisses me off is that I have had that card for years - I can rattle off the number faster than I can my bday. Now I have to start over.

6. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

We had a meeting with the Lower School principal at the school we are strongly considering for our daughter scheduled for last week. On that day, it snowed, and the school was closed; no meeting.

We re-scheduled for Monday. On that day, it rained, and the school was closed; no meeting.

We then re-scheduled for today. Today, it rained, and the school was closed; no meeting.

:fu:

7. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I sincerely do not understand how a school can close because of rain.

8. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Think of all those poor teachers whose spring breaks are being cut into right now. [​IMG]

9. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Look at Somerset at the moment..

Some schools have been completely flooded .

10. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

Call it the liability effect. Considering what's just happened down south, you could also call it the Atlanta effect.

Monday we did have wintry mix. Parts of the area got snow, parts got rain, parts got some of each. The "line" of where the snow turned into wintry mix was somewhere north and west of town. In the early morning hours, when no doubt schools had to make a call, the line appeared that it might come into the city. Some parents were definitely in the snow zone. This school in particular buses a large %age of the student population in, and so the buses in certain areas probably had a tough row to hoe. Where I live, we may have gotten wet, chunky snow for 2-3 hours in the afternoon. By evening, everything was rain, and because there was still a lot of snow from last week and the week before on the ground when the storm started, with the rain there was actually less snow on the ground when I got home than when I had left. Abundance of caution shit.

Today, it was slick. Everything was coming down as rain or sleet, but a lot of it was freezing on sidewalks and on trees. It's actually quite beautiful. The roads were totally fine coming in; I was at work on-time and without incident. But some places, trees came down and there were power outages. Such is the case at the school in question - the woman had offered to come in even if school was closed, but with no power, there's no point.

Anyways, I think school should have been open both days, but a few pussy parents who would inevitably complain that Muffy couldn't make it because of the snow and it's unfair to make her miss classes and have to catch up ruin the barrel.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  11. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

Stuck in my girlfriend's room while she and her mother tear at each other's throats.
    I am not getting in between.

12. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

Missed opportunity

2 people like this.
  13. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I love me some mommy-daughter action

14. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Could be interesting..:slayer:

15. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

See what's coming. Pics or no happen

16. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Stay far away from mother daughter cat fights especially if you're in her room. You will die.

11 inches of snow. Then the wind had to kick up and cause it to drift. Now the temperature is heading for -10F with all kinds of fun windchill values. A high of 7F tomorrow. and then the real fun begins again a day or so later with more snow and more wind and more arctic temperatures. Oh and we get to do it all again early next week. WTF! could someone tell me how in the hell I ended up in fucking Fargo ND?

17. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

^^ You should move to St. Louis.

18. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

exercised some options last week. brokerage account debited immediately, still no credit to bank account. where's my fucking money, Morgan Stanley?

19. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I got in around 3pm and proceeded to shovel the wet slushy 8"+ snow off my driveway. I also shoveled my neighbor's driveway too (she's an elderly italian woman). I had this idea that I could use the shoveling as exercise, but I didn't eat much today (I think I had a croissant in the morning) and powered through, and towards the end I bonked.

The italian lady brought me out some freshly baked pound cake, but was too tired to even eat it. I forced my self to drink some water and passed out on my couch. I just woke up and now I'm ailing.

Now the landscaping guy knocks on my door and is angry because he thinks I hired someone else and I tell him I shoveled it myself and we have a tense back and forth (because the fucking guy either shows up at 1:30am and wakes up the whole neighborhood, or he doesn't come until after 7pm (where its pretty much useless by then).

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  20. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

LOL! I hope the next one goes a little East and gets you instead of me. You've been dodging bullets all winter. Lucky bastards.