1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

You are getting too fat I betcha.

3 people like this.
  2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

dude when your blazer buttons are popping off like crazy you know its time to ease up on the barbecue and tex mex

^beat me to it

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

Dem freaking metal buttons :facepalm:

4. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

It's the freaking button holes. The manufacturer didn't smooth them out so they fray the threads.

I need to use reinforced threads, which my tailor doesn't have.

5. Cleav

Dem freaking button holes :facepalm:

1 person likes this.
  6. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

I think it's the hole that isn't buttoned (the mouth hole) that's at fault.

We are doing our rounds of the local private schools; our daughter enters Kindergarten next year and private school is kind of a thing around here. Anyways, it's sort of a daunting task; we are trying to pick a home for our kid for the next 13 years - we can always change, of course, but we want to try our best to get it right and not have to introduce a social x-factor changing schools midway through if possible. It's sort of a preposterous notion on the face of it, given that the high school is likely to completely change in the 9 years before she gets there. So the process is aggravating and frustrating to begin with.

Anyways, what pissed me off today about it was: We met a really dynamic, energetic, intelligent, inspiring lower school head today. We went straight to his office on arriving on their gorgeous, college-like, idyllic campus. Talking to him about changes they had made and continued to make to their curriculum, various choices he was making, etc., I was honestly starting to get the feeling this was the place. I was salivating to see the actual school and classrooms. Unfortunately, they were a big letdown.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  7. Cleav

^ I think it's de lack of dem good button hole thread :facepalm:

Re kindergarten bricks an mortar are one thing, curriculum important of course....

People are the key do check on the culture of the place

8. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

Mostly because he's Canadian.

9. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Fucking apple autocorrect does not let me use the possessive preposition its. No thank you, I don't want an apostrophe there

1 person likes this.
  10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Fucking apple's passbook app is so fucking useless.

11. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I agree it's annoying, but you can turn it off, can't you?

12. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Do you mean I can touch x on the bubble to decline the correction? Yeah, but that's more annoying. Plus, it pops up in an irritating place and usually won't get out of it's own way

13. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

:fu:

1 person likes this.
  14. otc

otc Senior member

Why did I get in this cab? Traffic is miserable and I'd probably have made it to my stop on the train by now.

Can't even figure it why it sucks... it is super cold out here, but the roads are otherwise clear and dry.

15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i don't even know what it does

16. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I'm pretty :facepalm: at myself right now. I fell for a rookie mistake tonight at dinner. Mrs. Piob was venting about work and I offered advice. What's more, when the advice was not well received, I explained why the advice was sound.

How fucking stupid am I? I've not made a mistake like this in many years.

4 people like this.
  17. js4design

js4design Senior member

I make this mistake frequently, but I am new to the marriage game.

18. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

"Salad days" is a ridiculous expression gets me to PO'd when I hear it. (Don't tell me it is in Shakespeare I know that it is still ridiculous.)

19. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I really, really know better it's just the situation was so obvious and I've heard it many times before. I'm still :facepalm: at myself. You just make a noncommittal noise and pour some more wine.

20. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

At least until they get upset at your noncommittal noise because it may be an indication that you're simply humoring them. Then, even when you can explain and demonstrate that you've just listened the inquiry regarding your opinion of the matter comes up. Also, all of this hinges on your non-committal noise showing no signs of annoyance or exasperation. In that case, you're boned.

(I'm sort of annoyed at myself for laying out this sequence of events, but I've been in this situation too many times to deny that it exists.)