1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

Lol I remember watching kindergarten kop when it came out on VHS as a child.

1 person likes this.
  2. ImTheGroom

ImTheGroom Well-Known Member

I had no idea Shadow Recruit was coming out in IMAX, and that it would replace the Hobbit this week. My wife was really looking forward to seeing the Hobbit, and we were planning to go tonight. I feel like a tool for not taking her earlier.

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

If you are wearing two pairs of trousers, it's going to be hard to achieve a profile of thin. Best to just wear one pair.

2 people like this.
  4. otc

otc Well-Known Member

They've got a spotify web player now...no need to install :)

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

All this talk of music...anyone have a Sonos set up at home yet? Just doing due diligence on wireless systems and wondering if this is going to be what I want when I redo the casa in a couple years.

6. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

My grandpa had a beeper in the 90s and to Lil' Conne it was the coolest thing ever.

7. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Google Cowon

90% of my friends have Sonos and LOVE it.

8. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

Apparently all Froot Loops are the same flavor irregardless of color. I smell a class-action lawsuit.

2 people like this.
  9. zarathustra

zarathustra Well-Known Member

Sonos was crimmus this year. Playbar, two play ones, and two play threes for elsewhere in the house. I don't have a receiver and am not a big fan of the app ad the central hub, but the speakers sound pretty good. The home theater has some real limitations.... (only an optical in not all TV's output in 5.1).

10. L'Incandescent

One thing I've always done a really bad job of is managing my food intake throughout the day just keep working until I experience symptoms. Eventually I get into a state that is almost like a panic attack and I become very angry. Then I eat and eventually feel okay again. That just happened now.

11. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. I do this thing where I know I need to eat something but I'll keep putting it off. Finally I will become less able to concentrate and go "Dammit. I need food." If I catch this during the day around 1, no big deal except that I will be totally indecisive about what to eat, even if I've brought something with me. However, when I finally realize this at 3 or worse 4, things get tougher. I can eat then, but I won't eat dinner later and that will mean I'm eating at 10 or 11. Then there are the days - usually weekends - where I forget to eat until late evening or worse, I totally forget to eat. Est no bueno.

1 person likes this.
  12. why

why Well-Known Member

I often don't eat all day while I'm working, then I eat when the work's done. A meal after a long day of not eating makes me really restless. Currently trying to dance the energy off with some classic disco so I can get some sleep.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  13. zarathustra

zarathustra Well-Known Member

I do this frequently. I bring food with me to the office and then I drink my eight shots of espresso and then forget I have any food until my blood sugar levels drops to a point where I am stark raving mad.

1 person likes this.
  14. L'Incandescent

I was so mad that I was challenging my neighbors to a fight and saying swear words. (Luckily I only challenged my neighbors inside my own mind, not out loud.)

15. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

I don't eat, I just drink. As in alcohol.

2 people like this.
  16. L'Incandescent

That is not true always be sending me texts with pictures of meals.

17. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

I drank "light beer" last night and it pissed me off.

18. L'Incandescent

Tonight I bought a cheap port because I didn't want to make the longer drive to the "good" store. Now I am drinking it wishing I had better port hey I wonder if they'll let me return it?

19. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

I'm happy and also pissed off that the landscaping/snowplow dudes, at 1am :satisfied: , showed up and shoveled my driveway walkways clean. I was awake anyway but damn these guys are taking "early start" to new levels.

20. Liam O

Liam O Well-Known Member

Waking up with a debilitating hangover when I haven't drank since saturday, smoked since sunday, or generally done anything unhealthy except have a cigarette or five (less than usual) yesterday.

Seriously, the most exciting thing I've done is knit.

Oh. And apparently I'm out of painkillers. Joy.