• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Like meet with students and grade papers?

I have to schedule classes for the Spring 2014 semester and also do some committee work. I also have to copyedit some journal articles. As I've mentioned before, that can be a pain ********** because the authors tend to make mistakes that are hard to correct. (For example, they get quotes wrong, or else they get quotes right but cite them to the wrong source. I need to do the grunt work of finding the correct sources.) I also have to correct their grammar pretty frequently.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm not sure what Lumbergh and drunk hipster chicks of brooklyn have in common. Cool suspenders maybe.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I forget another item for this thread: we were hoping to hire a particular candidate, but we found out today that she took a job elsewhere.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I have to schedule classes for the Spring 2014 semester and also do some committee work. I also have to copyedit some journal articles. As I've mentioned before, that can be a pain ********** because the authors tend to make mistakes that are hard to correct. (For example, they get quotes wrong, or else they get quotes right but cite them to the wrong source. I need to do the grunt work of finding the correct sources.) I also have to correct their grammar pretty frequently.

It would seem to me...and I'm just spit balling here...it would be far less work for you if you simply wrote the journal articles yourself. Just something to consider.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's underrated in the sense the movie had crap box office and neither the movie, nor any facet of it, achieved critical acclaim or award. It was just a low budget project that flew under the radar to later achieve cult status.

OK, that's true.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think that is what his research might lead to that he cannot get to. Catch 22.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

I am 27 and probably the most knowledgeable person at my entire company. I can do anybody's job better and more efficiently than anybody also. This isn't pissing me off, but it is true.

do you work in my company's NY office?!

every day im amazed at the complete stupidity and lack of common sense by my peers and management. It blows my mind that this is a Fortune 200 company. :facepalm:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think that is what his research might lead to that he cannot get to. Catch 22.

Yes, unfortunately my job requires me both to write journal articles and to copyedit others' articles. What's worse is that I wasn't supposed to have to copyedit articles this month, but the person whose job it was did not do it. Since it had to be done, and since I'm the person who's most qualified to do it, I did it.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

do you work in my company's NY office?!

every day im amazed at the complete stupidity and lack of common sense by my peers and management. It blows my mind that this is a Fortune 200 company. :facepalm:

I don't actually believe this. I was just being a douche.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't actually believe this. I was just being a douche.

I sort of believed that until I got promoted (well...limited to the extent of the people at my level and below).

Now it is absolutely not true

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What does me being a douche have to do with you getting promoted? A higher salary makes you see that I am not actually a douche? :confused:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads