1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

You realize cars come with horns right? They can be used to alert drivers/humans infront or around you that they may be doing something stupid, and should either knock it off or move out of the way.

2. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

3. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Speaking of drivers, I befriended an Arab uber driver last night and we bonded over our love of shawarma roll ups and hookah and disdain for raw tomatoes.

He proceeded to give me his personal business card and told me to name drop him at all the local hookah and shawarma places we both happen to visit frequently. He said the owners always hook him up with comped meals and dranks and that they would take care of me and my friends if I mention his name.

:slayer:

1 person likes this.
  4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

There are situations where the horn is useful in getting drivers to change their behavior, such as when they are sitting at a light and don't notice that it's turned green. If drivers of a sudden start driving really slowly (especially as they are entering the big city, as was the case here) it is probably because they are either old or afraid of city driving (or both). Sounding the horn is unlikely to yield beneficial results in cases like that; its only purpose would be to express my anger. Sometimes you have to just patiently endure things you don't like.

5. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I realized that one of my headlights is out this morning and I can't replace it until tomorrow night. I will feel like a douche while driving until then.

6. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

You douche. Now this shit is stuck in my head:

[​IMG]

7. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Well, I'm now one headlight and 2 fog lights. I can't decide if the fogs make it more or less douchey.

8. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

2 people like this.
  9. L'Incandescent

When I become County Commissioner I am going to institute a tax on t-shirts with messages. I don't care if it's a political message, a "funny" message ("What If Stacy's Mom is Jessie's Girl of 867-5309?"), an inspirational message that encourages achievements ("No Pain No Gain Must Needs Work Hard!"), an advertisement for a group or club ("Worship at St. Luke's Methodist Church We Know How To Worship the Best Way!") or consciousness-raising for a good cause ("Many People Die of Disease Donate Today"). I've been silent long enough it's time I take a stand and put a stop to it. (The tax will be assessed on a per-wear basis. Inside the house doesn't count, but that's just for enforceability reasons.)

1 person likes this.
  10. js4design

js4design Senior member

What about t-shirts with pictures (thousand words and all that)?

2 people like this.
  11. L'Incandescent

Yes, those are included in the tax as well.

The tax is double for any t-shirt that says "Keep Calm and ____ _____." (The underlines stand in for whatever words come after the "and.")

1 person likes this.
  12. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

I am going to print some up that say

KEEP CALM AND
    PUNCH ME IN THE FACE
    FOR WEARING SUCH AN OVERDONE T-SHIRT MEME

It will have to wrap around because that last line is so long but the advantage is they will be able to cold cock the wearer from back there.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  13. L'Incandescent

My university handed out university themed "Keep Calm" t-shirts to incoming freshmen last year. I was displeased, to where I considered resigning in protest.

3 people like this.
  14. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

Yeah maybe I'm slow but I thought the thread was where we lament "things that are pissing you off". Maybe I can't read and that isn't the title. If I happen to be right, your post effectively is about horns and cars and not about something that is specifically pissing you off and I think that was uncalled for (at least based on what you posted).

4 people like this.
  15. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Lol. Cross thread butthurt

1 person likes this.
  16. death shot

death shot Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  17. zarathustra

zarathustra Senior member

Why do you want unfairly restrain our freedom of speech and expression? Why do you hate our freedoms?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

My raise didn't show up in this week's paycheck, which covered the pay period in which it was supposed to take effect. I e-mailed HR about it yesterday but no response yet. Am I being subtly fired? :(

2 people like this.
  19. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

If your paycheck next week shows a 5% decrease then yes, you are being subtly fired.

20. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

This would be a ridiculously evil way to fire someone. It would probably slowly kill them inside like being fed crushed glass.

2 people like this.