1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. jet

jet Senior member

^LOL

hroi, make some tea, let cool down a bit you still want it warm, put in small espresso cup, put tight over your eye tilt your head back while opening and closing your eyelid to flush your eye (not joking, old folk remedy that always worked for me)

doesn't sting or anything, do this once every two or three hours and it'll go away

pbooths mom sounds like mine

2. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

thanks, i've actually been doing that but with warm water. i'm gonna try it with tea

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Stop being a pussy and just use bleach.

1 person likes this.
  4. MrG

MrG Senior member

Yeah, that definitely helps. Good luck.

At 103k miles, there's probably a fair argument that they ought to be replaced. That said, unless you're seeing secondary issues caused by the worn-out suspension, or the ride has gotten to where it bugs you, I wouldn't bother.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  5. MrG

MrG Senior member

My son had a ton of trouble with pinkeye when he was an infant. He got pinkeye like other kids got ear infections. Aside from the antibiotic drops, which help tremendously if it's the bacterial sort, the most effective treatment we were given was to dilute some no-tears shampoo, dip a cotton ball in the solution, and gently rub the eye clean while it's closed. It wasn't quite as effective as the drops, but it worked well.

Also, don't forget to change stuff like your pillowcase as you start to get better. If you don't, you'll just end up re-infecting yourself.

6. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I'm so conflicted with my migration to T mobile.

The unlimited data is undeniably awesome, but I never get 4g lte in buildings.

:fu:

7. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

It's not a smooth ride by any means, but it isn't bad. I'd like to try to get another 10k miles or so.

My next project is new rotors and pads. Anybody know roughly how much it would cost to get those replaced at a shop?

EDIT: I've never replaced rotors/pads myself. Are they easy to do without a lift?

8. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

To get it done at a shop for both rotors and pads, you're looking around $150-200/wheel.

I just had the pads replaced on my jeep and it was a little bit over $200 total.

9. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

Yes, it's fairly easy in most cars - you can just do one corner at a time. I really like rockauto.com for parts.

10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Envisioning conne swapping out his pads and rotors makes me chuckle.

2 people like this.
  11. MrG

MrG Senior member

Eh, I definitely wouldn't bother with the suspension, then. On an older car with high mileage, there's more driving ride quality than just the shocks/struts, and, (again) assuming there's no secondary issue from worn suspension parts, spending a ton of money on shocks/struts doesn't make a lot of sense.

Do the rotors need to be replaced or turned?

Most shops offer a package to replace pads and turn rotors, and it's not outrageous. Look at Pep Boys or something, and you should be able to get a ballpark on the price. A decent shop will be more, but the difference shouldn't be too substantial.

If you have to replace the rotors, rather than turn them, it'll cost significantly more.

WRT to doing the brakes yourself, it's usually one of the easiest repairs you can make. You don't need a lift; all you need is to get the wheels off the ground and the car stable (so jack stands).

That said, asking such a fundamental question doesn't bode well for your ability to do the job.

Also, if you had to Google the turn/replace question, you're probably better off just paying someone to do it.

2 people like this.
  12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Just overheard:

VP to analyst: "Just had a review of the deck with Partner and he didn't like the term "gatekeeper." Let's use "quarterback" instead.

Fucking consultants.

13. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

ah yeah. I had my pads replaced with rotors turned for $200. given the weather and shit, just pay someone to do it.

14. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Senior member

Scheduled to fly from Philly to O'Hare tomorrow. Surprisingly most US Airways flights seem to be departing on time. Except my flight. It's been cancelled every day for the last three days. :fu:

15. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

TMobile is buying a bunch of spectrum bandwidth from Verizon, so it ought to get better.

16. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

That's because O'hare is a cluster fuck right now due to the weather.

Speaking of Philly, you guys have a nice airport. I lold at the random rocking chairs, but there are lots of shopping spots.

You guys also love pretzels. Like, a lot.

17. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Yup, I read about that earlier, though apparently they only purchased low frequency bands, which is supposed to improve reception in buildings. How long it'll take for us to notice these benefits remains to be seen.

I never fucking get LTE in Boston and it's pissing me off.

18. MrG

MrG Senior member

The T-Mobile change is supposed to be done by the middle of 2014, but they're saying it will be Q4 before T-Mobile markets any phones that can take advantage of it.

19. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

LTE was awesome in New York the first week the iPhone 5 came out. Then after everybody bought LTE phones it is just as bad as 3G.

20. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

LTE is awesome everywhere in So FL but the first floor of my house. seriously - my phone is a complete brick on the first floor but ok on the second floor.

of course, wifi fixes most of that but i cannot make calls, and any guests have to get the wifi password if they need to check their instagram and shit