• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, MSG allergies are bunk. You might feel like **** after eating a bunch of it, but that's probably because you just ate a bunch of fried, sugar coated (and delicious) Chinese food, not because of the MSG.

MSG is basically salt. so the headaches are most likely from dehydration. headaches induced by dehydration suuuuck. the most likely cause of hang over headaches is dehydration.

Most food allergies are bullshit.

there are some pretty serious food allergies, just like there are anaphylactic reactions to medications, but whats bullshit is how large populations are slaves to the minority. Like when they won't serve peanuts on an airplane because one person claims to have a peanut allergy. there isn't airborne aerosolized penaut dust being emitted from the packages upon opening, and odds are that the previous crew/flight served peanuts on the same plane.

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

there are some pretty serious food allergies, just like there are anaphylactic reactions to medications, but whats bullshit is how large populations are slaves to the minority. Like when they won't serve peanuts on an airplane because one person claims to have a peanut allergy. there isn't airborne aerosolized penaut dust being emitted from the packages upon opening, and odds are that the previous crew/flight served peanuts on the same plane.

There might be like a very small percentage of people with legitimate food allergies. Like really small. Like .0001% small. The rest are malingerers and hypochondriacs.

I took biology 101 in college so my credentials are unimpeachable.

Bullshit on top of bullshit.

You can't fool me, it's bullshit all the way down.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

MSG is basically salt. so the headaches are most likely from dehydration. headaches induced by dehydration suuuuck. the most likely cause of hang over headaches is dehydration.

Is there anything a lay person can take to stop the suppression of antidiuretic hormone when drinking?

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there anything a lay person can take to stop the suppression of antidiuretic hormone when drinking?

its more of an electrolyte balance cause when it comes to drinking and hangover headaches induced by dehydration. the best thing you could do is the day after just put in IV line with NSS to keep blood volume normal. you'll see this a lot on days after big holidays in hospitals (where the hospital staff will be all hungover after new years eve). you could also try correcting it by drinking thinks like pedialyte/oral rehydration tablets - but then you're going to deal with nausea/diarrhea issues because the gut isn't used to such large changes in electrolyte intake.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you sure you're a medical doctor? Between this last post and your other post about tooth infections I'm certainly more hesitant to go to a hospital.

Last edited:

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've thought about this so many times, but it seems like such an obvious thing that someone would have come up with something by now.

There's also the acetaldehyde that's responsible for a lot of the hangover.

Unless you're just asking to stop yourself needing to go for a piss after every beer?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I feel like a lot of the realistic things you can do are totally counter-productive to your intentions of getting drunk, (i.e. drinking a lot of water/ eating).

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There's also the acetaldehyde that's responsible for a lot of the hangover.

ever drink with asians? my brother tuns into a bright red/purplish plum.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you'll see this a lot on days after big holidays in hospitals (where the hospital staff will be all hungover after new years eve). you could also try correcting it by drinking thinks like pedialyte/oral rehydration tablets - but then you're going to deal with nausea/diarrhea issues because the gut isn't used to such large changes in electrolyte intake.

Hahaha, I've always wished I had access to (and knowledge of) IVs for the drinking bonuses of it. In college, I had some buddies who were paramedics who would do this, and always swore by it. Have some buddies in the army who do this too.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I feel like a lot of the realistic things you can do are totally counter-productive to your intentions of getting drunk, (i.e. drinking a lot of water/ eating).

This, although it does work better when drinking liquor. I can't drink a glass of water after a beer, it's just too much liquid... But if i just had a glass of Scotch or a cocktail, I can... And it does help. Though some of that is simply that I just get less drunk.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For some reason, most of my asian friends have somehow managed to escape this affliction, but ironically, one of the whitest people I know happens to have an asian great great grandparent on either side and got unlucky...bright red/purplish plum is if anything even more funny on pale skin

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Y'all realize water uptake through the stomach is extremely fast, right? You don't need an IV to stay hydrated when drinking.

http://sweatscience.com/how-quickly-is-water-absorbed-after-you-drink-it/

Anyway, a lot of the hangover headache doesn't come from dehydration. I'd bet the average person is more dehydrated after spending a few hours outside on a hot summer day than inside a bar at night. By the time people get a headache from dehydration the headache is likely the least of their worries.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Take a pepcid AC before drinking. Seems to cure the asian glow (I'm not asian so I can't confirm by experience, but it works on my friends).

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Y'all realize water uptake through the stomach is extremely fast, right? You don't need an IV to stay hydrated when drinking.

http://sweatscience.com/how-quickly-is-water-absorbed-after-you-drink-it/

Anyway, a lot of the hangover headache doesn't come from dehydration. I'd bet the average person is more dehydrated after spending a few hours outside on a hot summer day than inside a bar at night. By the time people get a headache from dehydration the headache is likely the least of their worries.

Doctor, nutritionist, family counselor, psychologist, exactly how many ******* jobs do you do?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads