• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I hate even more that the reason a good change is shot down is largely due to fear of rocking the boat (aka politics).

Sometimes I wonder how profitable and smoothly-run a business could be if all of its employees completely lacked the ability to feel emotion.

Imagine how efficient **** would be!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I had to buy a bunch of regular Yoplait yogurt yesterday because they were sold out of the brand I usually get. It turns out there's a lot more flavors of yogurt than there used to be in the Yoplait lineup. Many of them are meant to replicate the taste of dessert foods, mostly pies and cakes. But they don't. The cherry cobbler yogurt I'm eating right now tastes more like Nyquil.
I'm not a fan of most foo-foo flavored foods.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I had to buy a bunch of regular Yoplait yogurt yesterday because they were sold out of the brand I usually get. It turns out there's a lot more flavors of yogurt than there used to be in the Yoplait lineup. Many of them are meant to replicate the taste of dessert foods, mostly pies and cakes. But they don't. The cherry cobbler yogurt I'm eating right now tastes more like Nyquil.

See the problem here is that you're not some dieting woman desperate to eat "dessert."

donjuan17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or is he??

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The cherry cobbler yogurt I'm eating right now tastes more like Nyquil.

I had a Rock Star energy drink (not my usual) that tasted like Nyquil. It was worth it for its absurd caffeine content though.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't have a private message from you. Did you try sending one?

i sent you an offer thru the link you sent me if you didnt get it let me know here ill try to figure out what im doing wrong

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No such thing.

Tomatoes must endure their going hence even as their coming hither. Ripeness is all.

(Too bad they're such soft fruit. Tomatoes should be picked when they're ready to fall from the plant (which they do easily), but this makes harvesting difficult and increases loss so even the ones picked 'ripe' are picked as soon as they turn red. Tomatoes are really only ripe about at least a week or so after that point, depending on the variety.)

And that's true too.

I guess I didn't add enough color.

When I was a kid every local supermarket had really good tomatoes (and peaches). You never see a decent tomato in a regular supermarket anymore, regardless of season. You need to go out of your way for it. Its a joke. This is why commercial farming sucks. Have you noticed how bad these tomatoes are? They look perfect and taste like ****.

I get the point about winter tomatoes, but WTF, a regular supermarket can't buy from a local grower mid summer?

Peaches are even worse. They're like baseballs.

And when did apples start to taste like water? Why do I need to leave my avocados out for a week? And how did strawberries 'evolve' this thick ass skin on them now when they used to just fall apart in your mouth with the tiniest bit of pressure?

Where's the outrage?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The cables of my Triplefi 10 broke. Will probably order some Null Audio Arete replacement cables, but it will likely take a couple weeks to arrive here. :(

:fu:

Earbuds are the bane of my existence. Dynamics in music recording sucks now. Because of earbuds recording engineers compress music to absolute death so it sounds passable thru them.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Following my boxing session yesterday my fingers hurt like ****. Also last two times I've gone and done my jump rope I've gotten really horrible stitches in my stomach to where I have to stop. But not like, when I'm actually working hard in the gym.

Also, I can't stay up. At all. I eat healthily, get exercise etc but when my brain realizes I am home it just shuts down and I have to go to sleep and I can't fight it. So usually I take a 15 minute nap and I'm fine. Well sometimes it changes from nap to sleep. Last night I was falling asleep at 7. I get 8 hours of sleep every night too. It really bothers me that I just can't stay awake like a regular person.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Sometimes I wonder how profitable and smoothly-run a business could be if all of its employees completely lacked the ability to feel emotion.

Imagine how efficient **** would be!

Well, as long as it is not an advertising firm. :teach:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I guess I didn't add enough color.

When I was a kid every local supermarket had really good tomatoes (and peaches). You never see a decent tomato in a regular supermarket anymore, regardless of season. You need to go out of your way for it. Its a joke. This is why commercial farming sucks. Have you noticed how bad these tomatoes are? They look perfect and taste like ****.

I get the point about winter tomatoes, but WTF, a regular supermarket can't buy from a local grower mid summer?

Peaches are even worse. They're like baseballs.

And when did apples start to taste like water? Why do I need to leave my avocados out for a week? And how did strawberries 'evolve' this thick ass skin on them now when they used to just fall apart in your mouth with the tiniest bit of pressure?

Where's the outrage?

For whatever reason I have noticed the same with pears. I remember some mind blowingly good pears when I was a child. Now they go from rock hard to rotten over a seemingly 30 second period.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:fu:

Earbuds are the bane of my existence. Dynamics in music recording sucks now. Because of earbuds recording engineers compress music to absolute death so it sounds passable thru them.

This makes no sense. I mean, nothing in this post is true either factually or scientifically.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: food in most American supermarkets nowadays. Yeah, it sucks. I think there was a discussion about it on SF some time ago. A lot of it isn't due to commercial farming per se but more so with the rise of national food distributors and megamarts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads