1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. jet

jet Senior member

this fucking heat wave is pissing me off

1 person likes this.
  2. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

i've tried over and over to listen to audiobooks in the car. but for me when the book gets interesting i lose a little focus from the road.

this is a new years resolution: I admit that its dangerous to listen to audiobooks, especially when they are good ones, while driving.

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Interesting. It still sucks when I have to go to the post office to pick up a package and I have to walk 3 miles to it rather than half a mile.

4. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Yeah. OK.

So another friend's dad is now in hospice, he apparently hid his cancer from her and some other stuff (long story). She's an incredibly nice person and just doesn't have the money to fly out to see her dad who could go soon so I'm going to at least get her a mileage ticket to go out there. I hate being selfless.

4 people like this.
  5. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

that is interesting, but ZIP codes are ancient. there is no possible way that these codes/routes are still the most efficient way to deliver packages. as proof, i submit the fact that USPS sucks. the only upside to the USPS is price on certain parcels, and that tampering with US mail is a federal crime.

6. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Speaking of shipping, I had two packages in Bologna yesterday. One UPS and one DHL. The DHL package is now in NYC whereas the UPS package is in Milan.

Score one for DHL.

7. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Some prick just ambushed me with the old forced conference call trick. "Hi I have Bob, Jane, and Tom here, we'd like to discuss issue XYZ. Can you folks do that right now? Or in the next 5 or 10 minutes?"

Um, no. Send me a meeting request and I will get back to you. You guys answer to us on this issue not the other way around. :angry:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  8. otc

otc Senior member

Nah, they tweak those things all of the time (especially at the zip+4 level).

You live in a pretty developed area with tried and tested routes so it probably doesn't change. Nobody is building new major roads or anything...but I know plenty of people who have had to notify everyone of a change of address because their zip code changed (although they will probably continue to successfully deliver to the old zip for many years).

9. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Such a bureaucrat answer. Why do now what we can create hurdles for to be done later?

1 person likes this.
  10. patrickBOOTH

I have one group that I work with that is notorious for such a thing. They are so bizarre. They are the kind of assholes who send you a really stern question and CC everybody and their mother on it like it is the most important thing in the world and the answer only usually warrants like a two word response. It is like they are so terrified for their jobs or something.

11. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

interesting, and probably correct. but USPS still sucks on so many levels. i think the worst is the fact that it is next to impossible to get a person on the phone, and when you do they are almost always rude, and the information they have usually sucks and is useless.

lolthis

12. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I know that type all too well. Beyond annoying.

13. MrG

MrG Senior member

In Conne's defense, that type of stuff can be a power play, or an attempt at catching people off guard if you're afraid prep time will mean not getting the answers you want. I'm not saying he ought to force them to wait because That's Just the Way it Works, but there can be value in making sure everyone knows what the hierarchy is.

1 person likes this.
  14. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

In my defense, I was just making a joke and that situation would probably piss me off too.

1 person likes this.
  15. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Bingo. This is something we are basically forcing them to do, against their will, and we haven't discussed it in weeks. I think they were doing exactly what G suggested.

16. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

17. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

18. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

i bought one a few weeks ago. then bought my brother one for christmas. its size means it can be a little bit of a pain to clean if your sink is small (mine is), but i don't like food sitting on my counter, and the convenience this adds is awesome.

19. patrickBOOTH

I am the same way with paper towels. I go through like 2 rolls a week. For a while we cut up our old bed sheets into strips and were using those and then washing them, but honestly that's even more of a pain than buying and killing the environment.