1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Thearkly

Thearkly Senior member

Buy that useless shit and resell it. Thats what i do at times.

2. otc

otc Senior member

I think SH's buddies are on my plane.
    It is 8AM and one of them is trying to get a drink before we take off... And we are on southwest so they are scattered around the plane (but still talking to each other).

Also looks like we are going to sit on the runway for an hour due to snow at the destination... Maybe they will give him his drink now.

2 people like this.
  3. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

I've had to work for 50% of the year this year. Unbelievable.

4. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I think it's about 6% for me.

2 people like this.
  5. zarathustra

zarathustra Senior member

Conne--- he said WORK. We all know you have never seen an honest (or dishonest) days work.

6. edinatlanta

I was researching a bunch of bonsai study programs I would like to do next year and they are all great and somewhat affordable except when you tack on the $500 airfare to get to some podunk town, then a hotel for a couple nights and then a rental car.

7. otc

otc Senior member

And now we aren't taking off for at least another hour.

If I'd have known, I would have just bailed and flew tomorrow. They let people off the plane an hour ago...so if we do fly, I think my neighbor will be good and drunk by the time they load us up.

Edit: and a Boston to Chicago flight just landed next to us since they couldn't set down at MDW

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  8. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Why do I get redirected to the App Store to buy Clash of Clans when I'm browsing this site on iOS.

Fucking ridiculous.

9. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

the first thing I did this new year? paid Connecticut Motor Vehicle and Property Taxes. At least it was easy and online.

1 person likes this.
  10. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

^Btw, the neighborhood was eerily quiet yesterday. Like a ghost town. A lot of people must have either been away or too hung over to venture out into the cold.

11. MrG

MrG Senior member

Thanks, guys. Still shocked that he could have done something so stupid, but hopefully he'll learn from the experience and land on his feet. We'll see.

12. Mr Melanzane

Mr Melanzane Senior member

Is this wrong?
    I noticed, as have friends, when shopping in supermarkets that certain individuals monopolize the freshly baked, store-branded baguettes, buying 15 or 20 at a time, leaving none for the 'normal' consumer.
    On walking through the town centre I glanced into one of the ubiquitus convenience shops, usually run by people from the sub-continent or China. I saw the basic store-branded baguette being re-sold. After this I couldn't help but notice them in the supermarkets, their trolleys filled with other bulk purchases too. Aside from being illegal (I am told) to re-sell like this, it seems the supermarkets don't give a damn. A friend told me a till operator commented to this effect to one of these guys as she was standing behind him in the queue.
    So, does anyone see this as being wrong? Also, does anyone see it as being wrong if I then quietly 'liberate' one of these baguettes from his trolley when he is distracted? I intend to continue doing this as one of my resolutions for 2014.

1 person likes this.
  13. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

You care way too much about baguettes. And if I was a baguette, I would hope to never get eaten by a creep like you.

2 people like this.
  14. MrG

MrG Senior member

So your New Year's resolution is to steal from people? Not only that, you've resolved to steal from people you know to have paid for the items you're taking, and who are selling said items to make a living.

You stay classy, Mr. Mezzanine.

15. patrickBOOTH

I am on the side of Mr. Eggplant. Fuck those baguette hoggers. It's the principle.

16. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

hey, all's fair in love and baguettes.

2 people like this.
  17. patrickBOOTH

When I worked at a deli one summer during high school I noticed the owner of an all "organic" market up a few doors down the strip come in daily and buy like 90% of our fruit only to resell it at his shop for 3x as much labeled "organic". He ended up going to jail for getting too many DWI's.

18. edinatlanta

Sorry to hear about your friend, G. Hope all the best for him.

19. MrG

MrG Senior member

Appreciate it, Ed.

20. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^i was there last Saturday. it was fucking bustling with people though.

My wife got some new glasses at Moscot, then I made a quick Uniqlo run, and we realized how close we were to the old neighborhood so drove over the bridge, bought a onion bagel with, cheese/eggs/bacon (left me fucking bloated for the rest of the night) at the bagel store on metropolitan, the wife bought some beans and a latte at blue bottle.

We ran into a old friend at McCarren and start catching up. two NYC park workers walk up and they start arguing violently.

The friend is actually one of the more prolific pot dealers (maybe you know him his name is Matthew or "matty" and has a brown boston terrier and rides around the neighborhood on a bike with his dog 24/7). I guess Matt didn't pay the Parks workers off or something.

I miss Brooklyn.... where the pot dealers delivering on bikes with cute dogs are as ubiquitous and friendly as the neighborhood mailman. The weird part is that I've never bought pot from that guy but have eaten a burrito with him randomly when he recommended a good place nearby.