1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

My biggest gripe with asian girls.

Fortunately, my superior set of genetics also endowed me with a nice butt. My MTM pants showcase my tooshie quite nicely, I must say. The wimminz be 'mirin.

2. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

My tailor tells me things would be easier if I had an ass. I'm all love handle still from when I was fat.

3. patrickBOOTH

Speaking of fat asses, where's Pio?

4. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Partaking in activities that make his already fat ass even fatter.

5. patrickBOOTH

It's a rough life living with the 99%

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  6. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Give them a gym membership and teach them to squat, wait a couple months and WIN.

I can't figure out if they piss me of or make my laugh, but european rap videos with pancake ass white girls trying to twerk.

7. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

the filson bag thread has turned into a clusterfuck.

Also I spent an hour vacuuming my car of dog hair and then cleaning the inside of it. I hate that feeling where you've started something and realize the time and effort spent doing it could easily be remedied by just paying someone else to do it. Paying $50 with a tip to have the local car wash guy's is easily afforded now. I could've watched a movie in a theater by myself, something that I've been itching to do for a long time, but now I have to wait for the rubber mats to dry after spraying them with my hose and wondering if I should've ran water through the hose in the winter.

8. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Especially when they get your order wrong. Like, wtf, don't you want a bigger tip?

So true. Back when I used to squat, my glutes saw some decent gains. Ugh, need to get my ass back in the gym again to get more jacked fibraz.

9. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I actually like to cook it "Pittsburgh Rare." Scorched on the outside but bloody raw in the center. This is best achieved with a blow torch.

2 people like this.
  10. patrickBOOTH

My mom bought me like a billion new pairs of boxer briefs for Christmas. Awesome, right? Wrong. She got me something other than my usual brand and I thought nothing of it, but when I tried them on they have a super high rise and I have to pull them up to my solar plexus in order for them to fit correctly. I don't have the heart to say anything to her though.

2 people like this.
  11. zarathustra

zarathustra Senior member

I have found that as I advance in age, I forget that while I am young of mind and spirit, the body is weary (need to let it rest more).

[​IMG]

Agreed. My mother, save for a dish or two, was merely an adequate, at best, cook. Somewhere along the way I discovered that I could instinctually cook good Merican foods. Given my perpetual allergies, I don't have the best or most delicate taste, but somehow I can take a spice rack and a few ingredients and throw something together that tastes great to everyone else. The real problem is that I can never recreate a dish exactly as I do not follow a recipe. The other downside, I am now conscripted to make ever family/holiday dinner (at least everyone is out of the kitchen and screaming and yelling elsewhere).

1 person likes this.
  12. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Fresh rosemary is awesome with steak. Just don't cook it: add it into the butter/juices near the end, just enough to warm it up. And forget Ducasse: cook that fucker hot. I like 'em bloody. Just cook the moo out of it.

3 people like this.
  13. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

My mother cooks restaurant grade food, and has done my entire life. It actually became a real problem going out to eat, as we could never afford truly great restaurants and as a result ever meal was one that would have been better at home.

I never learned to cook like that, and as such my daily food is bland as f.

14. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

Bangers and mash Mondays

Fish fingers and mash Tuesdays

Minced beef pie on Wed...

Egg and chips (fries)

Fridays fish and chips

Saturday, you choose

Sunday roast

Left home at 16!

Ps I still love my mum

15. zarathustra

This is the big reason I prefer to stay in to cook rather than go out (and why people were a bit gruff with me at first on Crimmus Eve). As an added bonus I don't have a server looking to me to turn the table and am guaranteed to have a bottle of wine that I like.

On Crimmus Eve, we had (and I made virtually everything) coconut shrimp with a mango habanero cocktail sauce, various goat cheeses, crackers, baked clams, and some cured meats for appetizers. For the salad course it was an angry caesar salad (signature blend of sriracha with a parmesan caesar dressing) with cornbread croutons. For the main course, we had a beef tenderloin with a thick glaze consisting of balsamic, cranberry, honey, fresh rosemary and thyme, lobster tail fried in red pepper and kaffir lime infused oil, hand mashed potatoes with a blend of cheeses and herbs de provence, steamed haricot vert with fresh lemony herb butter, and fresh sourdough. For dessert it was Veniero's Cake and cookies (client had delivered to us for Crimmus).

Wine: Horse Shoes & Hand Grenades
    Dessert Taylor's 40 Year Tawny Port.

1 person likes this.
  16. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I cook restaurant grade food as well (Denny's).

2 people like this.
  17. zarathustra

Denny's, Waffle House, and Perkins are my favorite breakfast locations... although perkins' sausage gravy and biscuits were superior to that of Denny's.

18. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I'm gonna express an honest view hey it's just subjective don't mean anything I don't enjoy biscuits and gravy at all. Got a taste to it that gets my stomach to churnin'.

1 person likes this.
  19. otc

otc Senior member

Oh that is probably what he will do. He doesn't want a half assed repair though since he enjoys keeping his cars in good shape (still gets sad if he sees a new door ding on his 1998 car).

If they total it, his body shop can get it back to good looking for less than their insurance estimate (e.g. the estimate includes brand new tailpipe and muffler but you could probably bend his 6 month exhaust back into place). Sucks to have to do all of that (and end up with a salvage title) just because some ass wasn't paying attention.

I returned a pair of knit boxers and swapped for some boxer briefs of a brand I already have... But the new pairs are higher rise and super long... I think they would stick out if I wore them with my regular shorts.

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

'Sup.

I'm pissed off because I'm home and no longer in CA wine country. :(

1 person likes this.