1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

tetanus shot might be needed (unless you've had one within the last 10 years).

dog related pissed off:

my blue heeler is shedding. motherfucker sheds a lot. its only twice a year he'll be shedding but damn the cleaning lady comes in 3 times a week, and now I've got to vacuum every day she's not here because you can see the hair on the wood floors, couch, fucking everywhere.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  2. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I spent 2 months in Wisco and we used to make fun of the cafeteria ladies. Green beans, sir? Oh, you betcha ma'am!

3. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

People from Western NY (Rochester/Buffalo) pronounce things in an awful fashion. Eggs become "eeehhhgs." Car becomes "cehhhhr." Niagara becomes "Neeeeagruh."

4. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Yeah I'm pretty sure I've gotten a tetanus shot in the last 10 years.

The shedding factor is one of the biggest considerations I take into account when thinking about which dog breeds id like to care for.

I've recently developed a liking to goldens but people say they shed a lot, unfortunately.

All the non-shedding breeds seem to be the toy dog breeds that have hair and not fur, like the Maltese, which is a bummer as I want a bigger dog.

Seeing dog fur everywhere in my home would drive me absolutely insane. Ugh.

5. otc

otc Senior member

Portuguese water dogs have hair.

6. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I used to wear my watch during my sleeping hours so that if I woke up, I could tell what time it was. But then I had a girlfriend was all like "That is stupid stop wearing your bedamned watch during the sleep hours no need for that you'll injure yourself." And so now when I wake up I don't know what time it is.

1 person likes this.
  7. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I've made it throughout the entire year without getting sick with a cold once. Even a couple weeks back ago, I was thinking how odd it was that I hadn't gotten sick all year, but obviously wasn't unhappy about that fact. But it was still odd, given how often I'm in close proximity with mouth breathing neck beards in public transport all the goddamn time.

Well tonight, my seat (window seat at the right side of the airplane FTW) was next to some 3-4-year-old kid. His what-looked-to-be-his-grandma was in the aisle seat. Anyway, the little kid was obviously sick with a cold and was sniffling, coughing, sneezing, etc. throughout the flight.

*kid was glued to an iPad throughout the entire flight, playing games and manipulating the tablet with intuition like a fucking boss. Amazing and frightening, and worrying at the same time, but that's another topic for later*

Sure enough, my throat is starting to itch and feel dry. Nose is a bit runnier too.

:fu:

All of this right before the weekend and NYE!

:fu:

Edit: Bleh, zicam tastes like shit

1 person likes this.
  8. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Bearded collies and old English sheepdogs don't shed either, although they bring everything home in their fur instead.

Retrievers / Labradors are the dog equivalent of a bangle BMW, you just pick as size nothing else changes, as they all look the same, they eat, shit and shed.

Girls love long coated dogs FYI

9. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

Billards tournament tonight. I went 6-1, with the lone loss being the only one that matters.

10. FonDeeEn1854

FonDeeEn1854 Active Member

Nobody in my area smokes [​IMG]

11. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Move to a less boring area.

12. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Pics or GTFO.

1 person likes this.
  13. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

WTF is a Portuguese water dog?

That's almost certainly false. Where is your area? Unless it's the International Space Station I am accusing you of creative makebelieving.

14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

ask OBAMA!

1 person likes this.
  15. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

the dude in that southwest commercial does that. with the right tone and inflection, i think its kinda cool. i wish i had more of a denver accent.

--

also, 2 weeks no smokes as of today. i still yearn for them. why is this not getting easier.

3 people like this.
  16. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Spoke to a guy who owns one the other day, who mentioned that they can hold their breath and dive, which is pretty cool.

Lagotto Romagnolo don't shed either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagotto_Romagnolo

17. otc

otc Senior member

Some guy rear ended my dad on Monday. Was probably looking at his phone or something (stopped car decides it is time to pull forward into the stopped car in front of them...)

Unfortunately it looks like they are going to total it. Really not what he wanted... The car is old, but it is still solidly reliable and was in great cosmetic shape. Doesn't really want to be stuck with a car payment again (since he had a couple more years left) and it is hard to find new cars that meet his needs as well as his old Isuzu Trooper...

Seems silly to try and get another used one though... He could get one a few years newer from before they stopped making them but without knowing that it has been cared for as nicely, there is no promise of the same reliability.

1 person likes this.
  18. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Is it mechanically damaged or just cosmetic? There is usually an option to keep the vehicle and have the salvage value deducted from the payout. If you don't mind some imperfections you can often get a "just good enough" body repair done for cheap.

19. zarathustra

zarathustra Senior member

That is what an alarm clock is for... except for the fact that my eyes have gotten so bad in the last year that I cannot see the same from bed.

20. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Your dad doesn't have to just accept the valuation the insurance company gives. Have him talk to a lawyer who might be able to negotiate either a higher payout or as Munch detailed some option to keep the car.