1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

is it just me or are most Christmas songs just a bunch of mopey-ass dirges?

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

oh shoot me now. smooth jazz elevator Christmas muzak.

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I understand the local benefit of supporting your local mom and pop, and the long term effects of it, however I think in order to facilitate upwards momentum in the stock market (market for businesses) you should spend it at large retailers. It is weird, the "market" looks to the sales of target, best buy, department stores and all of these huge stores as a proxy for sales and economic health. Kind of bullshit, especially when people with a good deal of money buy products from local merchants who deal with products that aren't listed on any exchange. For example, if I spend $50,000 at Leffot on shoes that wouldn't be reflected in any sales numbers and have no immediate impact on the stock market which could potentially crash if Express Men, and J.C. Penny has a shitty year.

1 person likes this.
  4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I tried to shop at major retailers (purchase a bottle of Womanity) but they were all like "I have never even heard of that are you sure you are not hallucinating a product what doesn't really exist?" And so I bought it from a small retailer (where they tried to tell me it was discontinued bullshit it is not).

5. MrG

MrG Senior member

I agree it's often crass, and the gift giving can get ridiculous (though I'm pretty fortunate in that regard). Still, I like Christmastime, and it's even more fun when you have a kid.

Also, all the grumbling about it reminded me of a song. This one's for you, pB:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  6. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

YES! I've actually been listening to it! :slayer:

7. zarathustra

zarathustra Senior member

Looks like the only ones making it to our house this year for Crimmus are the Jews...the Gentiles cannot make it.

(Now I have to hide the Nativity Scene and all other imagery of the Dear 8 pounds 6 ounces... new born infant Jesus, don't even know a word yet). The SO (even though she is a Hallmark Christian) is really only close with the Jewish side of her family (who are generally JINOs) who come with their version of the Feast of the Seven Fishes. [I am not talking oysters here). On Crimmus Morning, her family will come bearing bagels, kugel, lox, herring, whitefish salad, and various other smoked and pickled fishes and salads [would prefer Bitcoins, frankensense and myrhhhhh]. Since I cannot even stand the thought of eating this, I will proceed to make a Bacon Bloody Mary (must remember to go to the Palm for their nuclear horseradish), fire up the grill and make a bacon egg [the bacon and fried egg qualifies it for breakfast] cheeseburger [which was grass fed and free range] on a toasted roll. Then, slightly betrunken and stuffed from the large piece of cow that was consumed, I will distribute the presents to everyone in my festive attire. I will then settle into my chair, with a Crimmus moon pie and an Ale8-One (spiked of course), to open my stocking and presents.

8. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

Boring Chelsea/Arsenal game. I was looking forward to it.

9. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

My jeans are taking way too fucking long to fade.

10. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

Try buying a different color.

1 person likes this.
  11. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

12. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

Just got my peehole swabbed.

3 people like this.
  13. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

I winced the duchess laughed

14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

get one of these things to distract you!

1 person likes this.
  15. zarathustra

FFS people. It is things like this that make me question why I question my cynicism and cantankerous nature towards humankind. My wife's grandmother had a major stroke late last week/early this weekend. There has always been major friction with that side of the family (They are as dysfunctional and white trash (similar to much of my family except they didn't have to be. The grandmother was a graduate of Columbia way back in the day and came from a family that was solidly upper-middle class-- another rant.) So when everyone was trying to solidify Crimmus Plans to buy food, they were suddenly unavailable-- and didn't say much as to why. Turns out that the reason for the unavailability was that the grandmother was in the hospital due to the stroke. For whatever reason, that wasn't conveyed. Really? What the fuck is wrong with people.... Knowing what I know about her health, I am surprised this wasn't fatal or at least a long term coma.

16. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I should probably do that considering who I boaned this weekend.

17. otc

otc Senior member

Fuck this TSA randomizer iPad bullshit.

If a digital coin flip is all that is needed to decide that I don't have to take my shoes off, then nobody should have to take their shoes off.

18. zarathustra

STDs cannot be transmitted in dreams....

1 person likes this.
  19. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Just kidding. You're white!

1 person likes this.
  20. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I am all alone at my office on a winter's evening but sometimes I feel like I hear sounds of people lurking about mean to do me harm.

1 person likes this.