• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Never been married, but I don't see why people spend so much money and time on it.

Because when you are getting your knob polished you think anything that might continue the polishing sounds like an OK deal.

At RedLantern, it would be a good idea to get these things sorted out. No one wants to be the guy on the dating site at 35, not to say this would/could happen but I'd bet that 90% of the married guys here would say it's a worthwhile investment of time learning how to communicate better with the chick your screwing. Shagging has a strange way of messing everything up.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ugh. today keeps getting better. somehow my wifes office effed up their direct deposit system and she has not been paid. trying to sort it out.
Good luck with them getting it sorted out. Hope your day actually does get better.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

business-savvy people become associated with the US wedding industry since they realize they can take and otherwise basic service, re-brand it for weddings, and then charge 4X the price.

No, I meant I don't understand why business-savvy people become such suckers and pay 4X the price.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i agree on the debt part.

business-savvy people become associated with the US wedding industry since they realize they can take and otherwise basic service, re-brand it for weddings, and then charge 4X the price.

Is it a common thing for recently married women to try their hand at some sort if bridal/wedding planning business?

I've noticed several recently married girls I went to high school with pimping their new services on facebook. Do they figure that they can cash in on all the research that they put in to their wedding (and all the options they now know about but didn't choose)? Did they see how much of a bill their wedding planner got and were like.."I can do that"?

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

No, I meant I don't understand why business-savvy people become such suckers and pay 4X the price.

what I mean is, anything with the word "wedding" attached to it always seems far more expensive than the service would be otherwise. Part of the reason why they get so f'ing expensive and it snags the business-savy people. Often times, it's unavoidable.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

I've noticed several recently married girls I went to high school with pimping their new services on facebook. Do they figure that they can cash in on all the research that they put in to their wedding (and all the options they now know about but didn't choose)? Did they see how much of a bill their wedding planner got and were like.."I can do that"?

probably, but I think it goes deeper as a lot of women seem to fantasize about their wedding from a young age. This lets them continue the dream.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

what I mean is, anything with the word "wedding" attached to it always seems far more expensive than the service would be otherwise. Part of the reason why they get so f'ing expensive and it snags the business-savy people. Often times, it's unavoidable.

Just like buying hardware for sailboats. You can buy the same thing elsewhere for a quarter of the price, but it is missing that one tiny tweak that makes it acceptable for your purpose. In the case of a wedding, that one tiny little tweak is that the figurine on top of the cake is a man in black and a woman in white instead of the incredible hulk in green on your baller birthday cake.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just like buying hardware for sailboats. You can buy the same thing elsewhere for a quarter of the price, but it is missing that one tiny tweak that makes it acceptable for your purpose. In the case of a wedding, that one tiny little tweak is that the figurine on top of the cake is a man in black and a woman in white instead of the incredible hulk in green on your baller birthday cake.

You sounds like you know how to make a cake that I would want in my mouth. Wanna make one for me that costs $7,000?

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ugh. today keeps getting better. somehow my wifes office effed up their direct deposit system and she has not been paid. trying to sort it out.

You don't recall calling her office and getting them to DD her check into luxeswap's account? You must have been drunk at the time

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You don't recall calling her office and getting them to DD her check into luxeswap's account? You must have been drunk at the time

:laugh:

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You think all of those entitlement issues and control issues will go away once you get married? That **** will not be so cute 5 or 10 years from now.

Thing is, weddings make people crazy. In all other aspects of our life she is not at all controlling.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads