Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. fwiffo

fwiffo Senior member

My ex direct wore a plunging neckline dress yesterday and I bloody ruined it inviting another ex something to a lunch and they hate each other on my account.

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Mac - Vox

Windows - Winamp or Media Monkey

3. why

why Senior member

iTunes has so many problems. I remember using the 'remove duplicates' function a while back and it deleted half my library because the dopes who wrote the algorithm apparently never thought to check more than basic label data for what constitutes a 'duplicate'. Bye bye live albums. :angry:

Also, on someone else's iTunes I noticed she didn't have the 'Add Folder' function (she had a newer version). I never upgrade my iTunes so I got to keep it. When she reformats her computer now she needs to add her entire library by selecting the files in every individual folder.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  4. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I've been using Foobar lately and I'm fairly happy with it. I was using vlc for a long time and I still use it for movies, but some music formats, .flac in particular, get distorted in VLC.

5. gort

gort Senior member

That's not how it works.....:embar:

6. why

why Senior member

That's how it works when the alternative is reburning every CD in her collection. She rightfully doesn't pay Apple to provide a service she doesn't need or a product she already owns.

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

To me, the big issue was more about the pressure play by the direct. Or, a manufactured emergency, if you prefer. If your direct is presenting things that won't stand up to scrutiny, that signals either carelessness or a personal agenda.

I used to like iTunes, until this most recent version. The new version is completely counter-intuitive.

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Actually, when I reformatted my laptop I installed a clean version of ITunes, which scanned the drive for all the music I'd restored. It found music I didn't know I had.

(but the interface still sucks)

9. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

iTunes is SUCH a piece of shit.

Apple makes great hardware, and pretty good operating systems. Their user software is almost exclusively garbage though.

Skeuomorphism, anyone?

10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

The T is closed. Driving is still banned until 4 PM today. No cabs in sight. Practically everything is closed.

I'm trapped :(

This sucks. Maybe I'll have to raid the mini bar.

11. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

fines and jail time for the driving ban seem nonsensical to me. not the driving ban itself, which makes perfect sense, but the fact that we have to threaten to fine people for something they should do as a matter of self-preservation is such a uniquely American thing

what i would do as governor is to say, there will be no emergency services, tow trucks or National Guard to come rescue your shit if you are stupid enough to go out there. if you want to go out there and die, that's your choice, but we're not endangering anyone else to come after you. this should also apply to people who want to cross the Atlantic in a dinghy or some shit like that

12. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

There is a theory that you could eliminate all dangerous driving by replacing airbags with a 6 inch spike. People would be so terrified of a bloody and instant death that they would drive with due cre and attention.

It's kind of a psychopathic way to fix a problem, but I'm all for it.

13. why

why Senior member

When I said 'reformat' I was talking about a wiped drive. Also, iTunes does a horrible job of finding actual music and it's much easier to just select a few pre-organized folders to add to the library than to have to remove random non-music or unwanted files found by iTunes.

14. Mr Martini

Mr Martini Senior member

Until a wire arcs and sets it off while your cruising down the road..

15. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

But.. but.. that's mean. It's the gubment's job to take care of the idiots/takers.

'MURRiCA!!