1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

When I woke up this morning I didn't immediately know what day it was thought "Hey maybe there's some new edofatlanta rankings today (Dumb Threads)!" But it's only Tuesday.

1 person likes this.
  2. gort

gort Senior member

Yes but how to obtain stealth pack of wipes for places like work?

3. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Was emailed last week by a recruiter wanting to set up a phone interview with me for a well known company in the area. I gave her a variety of times and days that would work for me. Afterwards, I never heard back from her. Decided to follow up last night only to get an email this morning saying the job had been filled. Whole thing felt very unprofessional on their end.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  4. MrG

MrG Senior member

I went through something like this last year. They contacted me, we did a phone interview and a Skype interview. Then they called and offered to pay my travel for a trip to check it all out and interview in person. I said, "let me run it by my wife and get back to you to confirm." When I called to confirm, they went completely silent. No word at all. To this day, I don't know what happened (though I have my guesses).

Long story short, I can relate, and it's really shitty of them (and profoundly unprofessional). Sorry you had to deal with it.

5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

You're just bitter that they found your Style Forum poasts and changed their minds about you.

2 people like this.
  6. MrG

MrG Senior member

If they can't take me at my worst, they don't deserve me at my best!

5 people like this.
  7. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Fuck you and that inspirational context! Be bitter dammit!

1 person likes this.
  8. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

people who say this and actually mean it are guaranteed to be total cunts in real life.

4 people like this.
  9. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

People who have mood swings bother the shit out of me. They are weak!

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Some fucking low level pleb clerical help that sits in the open area of my office suite is sneezing and coughing all over the place. Just had her boss send her home with a write up. HR sends out email every second week in the cold and flu season not to come to work when you're sick as your cold or flu could kill one of our patients. How fucking stupid are people?

And if I catch a cold between now and arriving in wine country next week I'm blaming that bint and there will be repercussions!

11. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

@MrG

:fistbump:

Same thing has happened to a friend of mine a couple times recently. He was in the process of interviewing or setting up an initial interview and the contact he had suddenly disappears. I have heard people excuse this sort of behavior by saying that recruiters and HR staff get really busy at times. It's odd reasoning to me as we all get busy. Maintaining a professional level of contact with someone who they engaged in the interview process is very much part of their jobs. If they can't handle the workload then perhaps something needs to change on their ends.

12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

13. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Drinking wine with a cold is so unpleasant. I did read that steady wine drinkers are less likely to get colds though.

1 person likes this.
  14. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I have a destinct feeling that you only become a recruiter if you are completely incompetent and have the iq if a squirrel.

15. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

i have never seen or heard a man say that phrase seriously. as a matter of fact, i have only seen it on FB. and its usually women that are always at their worst. so yeah, a cunty group.

--

mouse, i had that happen once or twice also. sucks donkey nuts. sorry, mang. i hope one of the other opportunities comes through for you soon.

16. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Never happens to me. People be trying to buy me hookers so I come work for them.

17. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

It is way way way way way way way way way way way way way WAY too cold outside.

:freeze:

18. js4design

js4design Senior member

What kind of policy is in place for sick days? We lump time off (sick and vacation) together, which leads to people being absolute zombies and still coming into work.

19. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Shut up, Adam Duritz.