Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Alright, this is annoying me:

My kids friends come over and all they do is sit there together with goddam motherfucking cell phone in their hands. They dont socialize, do kids shit, nothing. Just sit there with that fucking cell phone in their hands obsessively texting each other or whatever else this snapchat instagram whatsapp go fuck yourself shit they do is.

I'm preparing to ban these devices from my house with their friends. I already had to ban skype and have taken away the kids ipod and ipad more than once. Its an addiction. I even went to the school principal to let him know, which he was already aware and agreed this shit is bad for their development.

What's annoying me most is other parents are doing nothing to slow this trash down and not monitoring the behavior. My oldest got a message at 11:30 pm on a weekday last year. That was it. They turn that shit in before bed and I contacted that kids parents. Too much permissiveness nowadays and I'm as liberal as they come.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  2. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

FTFY

Homo sapiens sapiens are omnivorous, and have been for tens of thousands of years. The forms of our teeth have been strongly influenced by the presence of grains in our diet; our molars are well adapted to the kind of grinding that unprocessed grains require. What makes you think that our ancestors would have ignored a relatively easy source of protein?

3. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

I'm sure your kids principal really appreciated you telling him something that he has been confronting on a daily basis for years.

In fact, he probably posted about it in the "Things that are making you happy" thread on ComboverForum.

4. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

So I tried to sing along to The Night Queen movement of Die Zauberflotte to help with Amadeus withdrawal. I could not and it did not.

5. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

You're probably right, but (kissing my ass or not) he actually agreed with me completely and was rather critical of modern parents. It seems its a race to the bottom with permissiveness.

I had this dumbass over here the other day who seemed to have his hand stuck in holding cell phone mode. Every time he put it down his eyes were drawn to it again. At one point I asked him if he wouldn't mind actually socializing with the people who's house he was a guest at. I've made a few sideways comments to parents that seem to allow this cell phone obsession and they dont like it. They can all go fuck themselves, kids can hardly relate to eachother anymore without a device in their hands.

I wont allow my kids cell phones, its bad for them.

6. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i lol'ed. i hope such a forum exists.

7. Dapp

Dapp Senior member

This man:

[​IMG]
    But merely from a work overload perspective.

8. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I will tell you one thing of which I am sick of (can't tolerate any more): in radio ads for beer, they often end with the sound of beer being poured into a glass. Of course there is a mic to pick up the sound. There are very few sounds more grating than that; I'd actually prefer hearing Geddy Lee sing.

That just made me think of something: how bad must Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart be at singing?

9. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

I am dying inside right now. :crackup::rotflmao:

10. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Oh no you didn't, L'inc. No you didn't.

11. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

it is disturbing is it not?

12. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Something is wrong with my tomato plants and its giving me the shits. Its not a pest but according to what I have just read its due to lack of water.WTF? Set up the watering system like every year and it was ok. Everything else is growing at pace. But not my tomato's merde!

For that matter fuck teenagers sick of them my son included and his drop kick mates.::cloud:

And fucking mendicants WTF? they get social security and subsidised housing, free health care and so on and so forth. But no there is a group who must time share this one spot outside the local supermarket with at least three other crews how have their allotted time slot. The other day I watched the shift change while waiting for wife. So now you can't walk into the supermarket at any time of day without some piece of white trash importuning for change. Worse is that no one tells them to fuck off, sick of it.

13. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

As a lawyer you probably know this, but in many jurisdictions, they have a one-question test to determine whether a person is sound of mind: Do you enjoy listening to Geddy Lee's singing? If the answer is yes, the person is declared not to be of sound mind.

14. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

There is no jurisdiction in which Rush is not awesome.

15. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

just curious: is she from the old country? was she raised without a clear grasp of how life actually works? and then moved to the united states without even a plan?

washing his hands, your underling.

:lol: