• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alright, this is annoying me:

My kids friends come over and all they do is sit there together with goddam motherfucking cell phone in their hands. They dont socialize, do kids ****, nothing. Just sit there with that ******* cell phone in their hands obsessively texting each other or whatever else this snapchat instagram whatsapp go ************* **** they do is.

I'm preparing to ban these devices from my house with their friends. I already had to ban skype and have taken away the kids ipod and ipad more than once. Its an addiction. I even went to the school principal to let him know, which he was already aware and agreed this **** is bad for their development.

What's annoying me most is other parents are doing nothing to slow this trash down and not monitoring the behavior. My oldest got a message at 11:30 pm on a weekday last year. That was it. They turn that **** in before bed and I contacted that kids parents. Too much permissiveness nowadays and I'm as liberal as they come.

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
WTF is this nonsense?

It's also a common misconception that paleolithic humans never ate grains. If that were the case, then they would never have learned to cultivate them.

We were making up **** about the earlier paleoithic era. Not so close to the dawn of the agricultural age.

FTFY

**** sapiens sapiens are omnivorous, and have been for tens of thousands of years. The forms of our teeth have been strongly influenced by the presence of grains in our diet; our molars are well adapted to the kind of grinding that unprocessed grains require. What makes you think that our ancestors would have ignored a relatively easy source of protein?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

Alright, this is annoying me:

My kids friends come over and all they do is sit there together with goddam motherfucking cell phone in their hands. They dont socialize, do kids ****, nothing. Just sit there with that ******* cell phone in their hands obsessively texting each other or whatever else this snapchat instagram whatsapp go ************* **** they do is.

I'm preparing to ban these devices from my house with their friends. I already had to ban skype and have taken away the kids ipod and ipad more than once. Its an addiction. I even went to the school principal to let him know, which he was already aware and agreed this **** is bad for their development.

What's annoying me most is other parents are doing nothing to slow this trash down and not monitoring the behavior. My oldest got a message at 11:30 pm on a weekday last year. That was it. They turn that **** in before bed and I contacted that kids parents. Too much permissiveness nowadays and I'm as liberal as they come.

I'm sure your kids principal really appreciated you telling him something that he has been confronting on a daily basis for years.

In fact, he probably posted about it in the "Things that are making you happy" thread on ComboverForum.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I tried to sing along to The Night Queen movement of Die Zauberflotte to help with Amadeus withdrawal. I could not and it did not.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm sure your kids principal really appreciated you telling him something that he has been confronting on a daily basis for years.

In fact, he probably posted about it in the "Things that are making you happy" thread on ComboverForum.

You're probably right, but (kissing ****** or not) he actually agreed with me completely and was rather critical of modern parents. It seems its a race to the bottom with permissiveness.

I had this dumbass over here the other day who seemed to have his hand stuck in holding cell phone mode. Every time he put it down his eyes were drawn to it again. At one point I asked him if he wouldn't mind actually socializing with the people who's house he was a guest at. I've made a few sideways comments to parents that seem to allow this cell phone obsession and they dont like it. They can all go ***************, kids can hardly relate to eachother anymore without a device in their hands.

I wont allow my kids cell phones, its bad for them.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i lol'ed. i hope such a forum exists.

Dapp

Reaction score
This man:

But merely from a work overload perspective.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I will tell you one thing of which I am sick of (can't tolerate any more): in radio ads for beer, they often end with the sound of beer being poured into a glass. Of course there is a mic to pick up the sound. There are very few sounds more grating than that; I'd actually prefer hearing Geddy Lee sing.

That just made me think of something: how bad must Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart be at singing?

Last edited:

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I will tell you one thing of which I am sick of (can't tolerate any more): in radio ads for beer, they often end with the sound of beer being poured into a glass. Of course there is a mic to pick up the sound. There are very few sounds more grating than that; I'd actually prefer hearing Geddy Lee sing.

That just made me think of something: how bad must Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart be at singing?

I am dying inside right now. :crackup::rotflmao:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh no you didn't, L'inc. No you didn't.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something is wrong with my tomato plants and its giving me the *****. Its not a pest but according to what I have just read its due to lack of water.WTF? Set up the watering system like every year and it was ok. Everything else is growing at pace. But not my tomato's merde!

For that matter **** teenagers sick of them my son included and his drop kick mates.::cloud:

And ******* mendicants WTF? they get social security and subsidised housing, free health care and so on and so forth. But no there is a group who must time share this one spot outside the local supermarket with at least three other crews how have their allotted time slot. The other day I watched the shift change while waiting for wife. So now you can't walk into the supermarket at any time of day without some piece of white trash importuning for change. Worse is that no one tells them to **** off, sick of it.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Oh no you didn't, L'inc. No you didn't.

As a lawyer you probably know this, but in many jurisdictions, they have a one-question test to determine whether a person is sound of mind: Do you enjoy listening to Geddy Lee's singing? If the answer is yes, the person is declared not to be of sound mind.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

As a lawyer you probably know this, but in many jurisdictions, they have a one-question test to determine whether a person is sound of mind: Do you enjoy listening to Geddy Lee's singing? If the answer is yes, the person is declared not to be of sound mind.

There is no jurisdiction in which Rush is not awesome.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I met up with a friend yesterday in Coney Island.
I drove all the way down there with the fear that she was going to ask to borrow a substantial amount of money. She's in her early 30's, and a total princess that was financially cut off from her parents too late. When she started her pitch about borrowing money and being able to pay it back in less than a month I just cut her off and left. I feel like **** for doing that and had to deal with my wife later that night (who would've tried to stand strong and not give her money but succumb to the friend's latest sob story of her fault). My wife naturally had a million questions about what was essentially a 10min encounter. Of course she could just call the friend, but she doesn't want to deal with the stress and would rather start annoying the **** out of me going over every detail over and over until we almost started a meltdown fight ourselves.

I hate seeing these friends that were awesome back when we were in our late teens and 20's but are total messes into their 30's...

just curious: is she from the old country? was she raised without a clear grasp of how life actually works? and then moved to the united states without even a plan?

You're on the right track, and as the schoolboy is not going to answer, here's the deal: it's common SOP for folks that tend to **** up to pressure their boss into a sign off. That way, if the boss doesn't slow things down and do a proper review and this POS gets sent out, the incompetent person can remind the boss he/she signed off and therefore has partial responsibility in the **** up. Competent employees give a person time to really read their work product as they know it's solid.

washing his hands, your underling.

:lol:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads