Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

That whole situation is a piece of shit. Sorry about that.

2. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

that blows. you defo did the right thing. i once got a letter in the mail from a good friend of mine since childhood. he was in jail and was begging for bail money. had had gotten deep into drugs and had gone the less than legal route to feed the habit. the letter was filled with all kinds of descriptives about how bad jail was, not sure how much was true. a bunch of other guys from childhood group got a similar letter.

thankfully, no one bailed him out. he straightened out and detoxed in jail, and has been on his feet since then. sometimes what seems like the cruelest cut is what is needed. :(

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

You're on the right track, and as the schoolboy is not going to answer, here's the deal: it's common SOP for folks that tend to fuck up to pressure their boss into a sign off. That way, if the boss doesn't slow things down and do a proper review and this POS gets sent out, the incompetent person can remind the boss he/she signed off and therefore has partial responsibility in the fuck up. Competent employees give a person time to really read their work product as they know it's solid.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013

4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Just found a dog roaming the streets all alone (-2C) with no tags on it, so now I have to wait for my mother to come, so I can bring the dog to the police station, while she looks after my dog.

Dog and owner reunited.

5. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I have a now former friend that I tried to hire onto my team. Guy is 42 and his career is a fucking train wreck. He was doing great mid-90's and then 2 disasters struck:

One, he was working in telecoms, then they all melted down and he was left scrounging for jobs. He's bounced around since with no career direction.

Second, he met this witch of a girlfriend that ended up forcing him to move away from the area with her on her whims. He sold his property and bought a condo in the new location. Within a year she left him stuck with a condo in a place he didn't really want to live. He's a dumbass for doing this, no excuses.

So I tried to hire him in, provide some career development coaching and opportunities, etc, and $18k more a year to boot.

Son of a bitch lost it during the process (don't ask) and made me look like complete shit too. I know, I know. Dont mix this stuff. Friends make the worst employees But I knew this guy for 25 years and really did want to help. In hindsight I'm glad this happened, I would have had to fire him eventually I'm sure.

6. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Thinking of getting Jamie a Celine bag for Valentine's but I have no idea what colour she'd like. :facepalm:

7. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Clear. Transparent bag for an imaginary girlfriend.

8. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Don't worry, Harv. I'm getting one for your mother too.

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

You should probably get her one of each colour as she's putting up with all that pussy you're drowning in.

10. A Canuker

A Canuker Senior member

Shitty story but you did the right thing, I think everyone knows the chances of you being repaid is slim to none. You could have loaned her the cash, written it off thus leaving you and the wife in a worse spot than just fighting over a stupid conversation. We all know that the money would just come up at a later date making the two of you feel bad, used and looking to blame someone which would end up being each other anyways.

No winner could be had.

11. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Agreed. Honestly, just leaving was probably the best call. Sucks though :(

12. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

13. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

Does it mean I'm pessimistic if this is the first thing I check in the morning?

14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

not hot, but pretty. she was the kind of care free fun friend that we all went on vacations with during/after college. her parents aren't wealthy but really lavished her and had her believing that she was rich, and now everyone's parents are a lot older they cut her off financially (only recently when she hit her 30's) saving money for their retirement and or emergency money for their deteriorating health [medical expenses]. she's graduated from a great college and has a degree in education, but I guess she doesn't want to teach... which leaves her kind of stranded.

15. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

Reading the New York Post has become significantly less interesting now that they don't post readers' [abjectly racist and misogynist] comments at the bottom of the articles any more.