1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

at my first job we used to electronically receive those for people and cash them for them. holy hell that was a horrible day of the month.

2. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Ah, dealing with the cream of the crop.

3. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Um, yeah I guess that is one way to say it.

4. ImTheGroom

ImTheGroom Senior member

No it was a complaint about someone on a different message board giving wrong fitness advice that is not supported by the research, because a friend of hers, and some celebrity trainers have said it. The celebrity trainers only came up after I called her on it, with letters appended to my name to illustrate that I actually knew what I was talking about.

5. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

6. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

You shut up! You kicked my dog! And now it needs operation

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. why

why Senior member

Not to mention that Maxwell's desire for mathematical rigor in theory led to his eponymous equations, which in turn led Einstein to relativity after trying to make them jive with Lorentz's theoretical work.

Shoulders of giants and all...

8. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

I didn't know that Einstein liked to dance.

9. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

For a short time after law school I dealt with SSDI cases (on the Claimant's side). That is where I developed my conviction that fibromyalgia and lime disease are lies perpetrated by malingerers.

2 people like this.
  10. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

thank you brother. hence I have parted with my money in exchange of a kitchen sink made of heavy gauge stainless steel.

this reminds me: had a dinner last night with old friends, and since the place we're having dinner is owned by a couple of them they're footing the bill. and this is probably our christmas dinner since everyone's busy and all that... and one of our friends is so fucking flaky and always makes excuses or makes a stupid retort like "I've had my quota of seeing you guys already"... anyway, he opted not to join us, because he signed up for a basketball camp practice or something, which pissed off some of my friends immensely- specially since another friend who joined the same camp is joining us for dinner. and then this friend texts me last night asking how was the food, and I asked him how was basketball and he said he didn't go and he's in another party. sometimes I don't know why I bother..

11. why

why Senior member

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  12. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

[​IMG]

physicists....... thinking only they get it. theory's are,well, theory's.
    what makes one think that anyone with a certain capability of intelligence can't look at this and say "well, you guys are dreaming up b.s." and descending a legitimate science in to fiction.
    there is no comparison to Einstien, he remained practical. or Tesla (an experimental engineer)- more my hero, and i'm sure he could understand the science of physics. as do i. and i'm no Tesla.

tits, congrats on the level of study,hopefully you can produce concrete proposals on how the universe operates. [​IMG]

so far, i have been watching this guy's lectures, after watching the documentary's on this topic by brian greene and michio kaku. started as some boring stuff to sleep to, then it got me thinking....
    [​IMG]
    and for the guys who can't tolerate this, something a little more entertaining and explanetory...
    [​IMG]

13. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I think you clowns should spend less time talking about which physics is better and more time figuring out how to teleport me places

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    2 people like this.
  14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

didn't a lot of those guys go into the stock market in the last 20 years, applied their craft to make a killing?

I remember watching a poker special, i think it may have been Poker after dark, a couple years back and there was this famous Physics guy from Brown who ended up looking kind of sad because he admitted he wished he went into hedge funds like his colleges did to make tons of money.

15. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

Agreed.
    [​IMG]

16. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I have my last ever go around with the Army the second weekend of January Friday to Sunday. This is also the first week of a new gig.

Thanks, Obama.

17. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

So I broke up with my gf last night. It did not end well.

18. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

19. MrG

MrG Senior member

Didn't anticipate the, "thank God! I couldn't find a way to let you down easy, so I've been praying for this. No more faking it!" response you got, did you?

4 people like this.
  20. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Oh no, is greenfrog heartbroken? He hasn't posted